daveapplemotors

• Helis rule
Revo Mini:
Trying to set INS13 to be active but when I press the save button on the lower right my servos quit moving. When I clear the home position the same thing happens. [edit] I found just pressing "Save" without changing anything on that page paralyzes my servos.

I reload only the "GPS Settings" from another UAV and the servos move again. I can't see the switch in the UAV for "INS13".

Ideas?

[edit]
And where does the file save to in "Save to File" in PathAction Editor . and where does it load to / or from?
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 03:31:32 am by daveapplemotors »
Happy Landings!

daveapplemotors

• Helis rule
I learned that a 'Jerry Save' gets the servos moving again. But only when in 'Basic Mode' .

I can not get INS13 to work.

I can save 'INS13 GPS mode' and servos freeze. Try a 'Jerry Save' then and still nothing.
Go back and change to 'Basic Mode' do a 'Jerry Save' and the servos will move again.

I want to use GPS, Please help!
Happy Landings!

f5soh

• LibrePilot
Is the INS13 initialized after you save ?
Take a look at SystemHealth, you need all alarms green (Mag and GPS)

And where does the file save to in "Save to File" in PathAction Editor . and where does it load to / or from?

Save or Load button shows a windows where you choose the path and file name.
So it load or save where you want.

daveapplemotors

• Helis rule
Is the INS13 initialized after you save ?
Take a look at SystemHealth, you need all alarms green (Mag and GPS)

[

quote]And where does the file save to in "Save to File" in PathAction Editor . and where does it load to / or from?

And , no, the Mag never goes green even in the state where the servos don't move.

I get 8 satellites here on my back porch. The GPS light is green. The Mag light is red. I calibrated the Mag and it made no difference. The wires on my ESC and Battery are twisted.

Save or Load button shows a windows where you choose the path and file name.
So it load or save where you want.
[/quote]

I have not seen a window after I press 'Load' or 'Save'. That is why I ask. I press the "Save to File" button and see NO CHANGES on my screen. I press the "Load from File" button and see NO CHANGES on my screen. I have re loaded the GSC, too. I use Ubuntu 15.04.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 03:32:42 pm by daveapplemotors »
Happy Landings!

daveapplemotors

• Helis rule
And thanks Laurent.

I am going flying for a few hours. Amarillo does 3D pretty well--300 watt motor-- and Blackie is just about there, too. GPS later... When I want pure fun with no computer tuning I fly one of my modified Blades (4 mcpxs or 3 ncpxs) or stock mcpx BLs. I can only spend so much time on the computer at the flying field before I must take to the air.
Happy Landings!

f5soh

• LibrePilot
You should have a window popup on load or save.
Which version of GCS to you run ?

You cannot run with a Red Mag, that sure.
Post your config file.

daveapplemotors

• Helis rule
I am using LP 15.09. Ubuntu 15.04

Revo Mini
My windows XP machine does no better
Happy Landings!

hwh

Hi Dave,

Are we talking about one of the small helicopters I helped you with before?   It we are you'll never get the internal mag to calibrate and work, it's too close to the main motor and the magnetic field it creates.  You'd have to add an external mag sensor in a place distant from the motor.  If I remember right the tail rotor is run by a belt from a motor in the fuselage? If it is then the tip of the tail boom would probably be the best place for a mag sensor.  Either an eBay one or something like this one from Sparkfun.com (in Denver).  With the Sparkfun one you'd have to tap 3.3v off somewhere on the revo.  Some of the eBay ones have regulators on them and could run off the 5v on the flexi port.

For the pathplanner, you are talking about the one that pops up when you right click on the map and choose waypoint editor?  The fourth and fifth buttons in it?  They should pop up a standard file dialog.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
That really strange...
Whatever the host, 15.09 and waypoint editor (Save / Load) works perfectly on Linux and WinXP here:

daveapplemotors

• Helis rule
Thanks for you answer Laurent. I have not seen that drop-down menu.

I am still trying to get INS13 to work. Yesterday I had GPS and MAG green. Path was the only red.

Yesterday when I saved with INS13 the servos froze as usual and I noticed the Health Monitor had ATTI and STAB both RED. 'Jerry Save' didn't help that time and I had to reload an older UAV to get servos to move.

I set home position again at the park but couldn't get a path.  I do not have Google Maps anymore either in LP. Google Maps works just fine elsewhere but not in LP.

Puzzled.
Happy Landings!

f5soh

• LibrePilot
Why puzzled ?

The Red Atti alarm mean the INS13 is not initialized.
If no attitude estimation, servo do not work.
That the normal behavior.

Remember you cannot do any GPS functions if Mag is disturbed in flight.

Path should not be Red, just Orange when empty.

Google changed api, just go to options and change the Google one to Bing (BingSat, BingHybrid)