250 racer motors wont start after crash
« on: May 30, 2016, 01:46:57 am »
I'm a newbe.  Have about 30 good flights on eachine 250 racer.  Lost it yesterday and hit roof.  No physical damage that shows.  Didn't even ding a prop but motors will not spin up.  Re-loaded the system here and all seems fine except the motor spin-up direction does not spin motors either.  Setup and save seems fine but no motor spin.
Where do I start looking or replacing please?
Thank you.

hwh

Re: 250 racer motors wont start after crash
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2016, 01:57:21 am »
Since you're talking about all 4 motors I'd suspect either power (does the cc3d power up when a battery is connected without USB?) or the short cable (or the connectors on the boards) between the cc3d and the PDB.  I had one of the 8 pin connectors come off the cc3d on an eachine racer 250, they're not always soldered on really well.

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2016, 02:07:12 am »
Yes, the board seems to come live.  I can control the LED lights, just no motors.  I'll give all the connections a closer look.
If one ECS was bad or disconnected would the other 3 spin up?
Thanks

hwh

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2016, 02:39:35 am »
Yes, they're independent of each other.  And I don't think you could break the PDB so that the lights and FC get power but none of the motors.

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2016, 02:41:06 am »
All that I can see on top of the board seems intact.  I have not pulled it yet to look at the underside.  Camera, video out trans, and receiver all seem to be getting power and they get that from the board?

jdn181

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2016, 03:10:48 am »
If no motors spin up then I would look at your inputs in Librapilot GCS and make sure the flight controller is getting signals from receiver. (I'd check to make sure the FC is getting the Arm signal specifically - yaw right is what most use but yours may be different). If no input signal is getting to the CC3D then it's your receiver.

hwh

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2016, 03:21:53 am »
The PDB (Power Distribution Board) that's the bottom of the quad provides power to everything. Battery power should go directly to the 4 motors and there is a voltage regulator on the PDB between where the cc3d mounts and the camera that regulates it down for the rest.  Power for the cc3d goes into it through it's 8 pin cable to the PDB.   The receiver could get it's power a couple of ways, I wired mine to get it from the cc3d's other 8 pin connector.    Camera and video transmitter get power direct from the PDB.

Are you still running the OpenPilot software that came on it or have you upgraded it to LibrePilot?

jdn181 makes a good point, when you reloaded the software and ran through the vehicle setup wizard you said it all worked fine except the motors didn't spin.  So all the input stuff worked but the motors never spun up during that part of the wizard?

Just to eliminate configuration errors you might post a copy of your uav config file.   With the cc3d hooked up to USB go to file -> export uav settings.   Attach it to your next post.  That gives us all your settings at once.

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2016, 04:09:48 am »
HwH,
Thanks so much.  I'm having problems with the export of the file.  I'll work on that and get back on here.
Thanks, don't know what us newbes would do without all you helpful guys.  Thanks a ton.

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2016, 06:21:48 am »
If you have a PWM reviever, try to connect the motor directly to the throttle output. Test one by one...