Roypw

Antenna Cut Off
« on: May 22, 2016, 06:33:51 am »
Had a crash where prop cut my antenna wires.   Flysky FS-iA6 receiver.

Anyone know if I can repair or replace the antenna and how to do it?  Where can I get parts.  Hate to just replace the entire receiver.

Roy

Mateusz

Re: Antenna Cut Off
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2016, 06:50:23 am »
I am not sure if this is standard connector but FrSky receivers for example X4R-SB and X4D-II use this type of antenna http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__16666__FrSky_Receiver_antenna_15_cm.html
When you open it, you can see picture like in attachment, there you can see two antennas one for telemetry and one for rc-control, both antennas are connected to a connector and secured with a glue.

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2016, 10:13:07 am »
You could try to strip off the outer conductor and expose exactly the same length of inner conductor as on the undamaged antenna.

If I'm not mistaking those antenna connectors that FrSky use are U.FL

Roypw

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2016, 05:37:32 am »
Looks like the antenna is soldered onto the receiver board??  Don't want to dig off all the hot glue or whatever they put over the connection until I get a replacement,but it doesn't look like a connector, the wire appears to go right into the circuit board. 

Is this the case? If so any ideas on a replacement antenna? i haven't seen any solder on antennas online.

hwh

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2016, 06:03:36 am »
It doesn't really matter, any 2.4 GHz antenna that's about the same size will work.  Just cut the connector off and solder it directly to the board.  The exact length of the part near the circuit board isn't critical, just the part near the end of the antenna.

Roypw

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2016, 03:21:16 pm »
Thanks, I will give it a try. Replacements should be here in a week or so.

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2017, 11:14:50 pm »
I know this an ancient post, but this is one of the ones I was searching through looking for info on receiver antenna replacement. Now that we've pieced it together and made it work (Confirmed), I made a video. Going back through and linking this on a few places where it might be helpful to some. If it's not OK, I apologize!

P.S. Yes, I know replacement receivers aren't that spendy... I just really wanted to fly, now. :D Shipping takes too long.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 05:04:11 am by TheOtherCliff »