(not so much )Fun and Games with my build :-@
« on: May 12, 2016, 12:26:29 am »
well from the forums, I can see that other people have a few problems along the way, I however have had quite a lot. 

Im building a 180 drone racer based on the lumineer.   Due to availability i have a Andoer cc3d FC i have simonK esc's and lumineer motors.  First off i found acquiring the components in the UK tricky, ended up with parts coming from multiple suppliers.  Model shops really are a thing of the past too..

I bricked my first FC and ordered another.  Then the fun starts, libreflight had installed first time on my windows 10 pc.  I went to try the new identical cc3d and libreflight kept crashing. Eventually.. it would not run up on my machine and I tried everything, i mean everything.. 

So today after many attempts I downloaded and installed Umbutu onto my pc and ran librepilot in this.  I still cant find whats conflicting in windows. I don't understand linux so amazed I managed to get that to work but it did take all day!

I have run config on the board a few times and starting to get results with my Spectrum Tx (dsmx) within the software connected to usb telemetry.   
Oh i also discovered how my usb mouse and keyboard will interfere with the setup if too close!

Why am I finding this so difficult!?  :-/

Anyway keep you updated, waiting on frame and power distribution o
board to assemble my build, arrives Monday!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

hwh

Re: (not so much )Fun and Games with my build :-@
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2016, 02:57:46 am »
First, Welcome to LibrePilot.   :)

...I bricked my first FC...
There's a pretty good chance we can help you with that, other than physical damage they can be unbricked.  When you plug it into usb what happens? And what do the leds on the flight controller do?  How do they blink?  With the cc3d disconnected click rescue on the firmware tab and connect it when told to.  Does it recognize it then?   If not there's a further procedure to recover.

...libreflight kept crashing. Eventually.. it would not run up on my machine and I tried everything, i mean everything..  ...
...Oh i also discovered how my usb mouse and keyboard will interfere with the setup if too close!
Why am I finding this so difficult!?  :-/ ...
It's usually a lot easier once you find these forums.  Trying to do it the first time alone the small problems seem to get bigger and bigger as you try something, it doesn't help, and you don't realize it actually made it worse.  Here there are users who have had most of the problems before.  Although I have to admit, I've never heard of the mouse/kbd interfering before, I'll have to keep that in mind.  Some of the developers hang out in the forums and the others can be consulted as needed.

Keep us updated.   If you haven't found them the wiki with most of the help files is at https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/User+Manual

Re: (not so much )Fun and Games with my build :-@
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2016, 12:21:28 am »
First, Welcome to LibrePilot.   :)

...I bricked my first FC...
There's a pretty good chance we can help you with that, other than physical damage they can be unbricked.  When you plug it into usb what happens? And what do the leds on the flight controller do?  How do they blink?  With the cc3d disconnected click rescue on the firmware tab and connect it when told to.  Does it recognize it then?   If not there's a further procedure to recover.

...libreflight kept crashing. Eventually.. it would not run up on my machine and I tried everything, i mean everything..  ...
...Oh i also discovered how my usb mouse and keyboard will interfere with the setup if too close!
Why am I finding this so difficult!?  :-/ ...
It's usually a lot easier once you find these forums.  Trying to do it the first time alone the small problems seem to get bigger and bigger as you try something, it doesn't help, and you don't realize it actually made it worse.  Here there are users who have had most of the problems before.  Although I have to admit, I've never heard of the mouse/kbd interfering before, I'll have to keep that in mind.  Some of the developers hang out in the forums and the others can be consulted as needed.

Keep us updated.   If you haven't found them the wiki with most of the help files is at https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/User+Manual

Thanks for the help! Yes the forum is a god send, I wish I had found it earlier

The first cc3d went back haha good luck with that one!  And I have a DShot cc3d as a backup both are now working with basic functionality with four channels.  What's more as a silver lining to my cloud, I'm getting used to Linux as a dual boot. On the pc that is and have managed to install 3 different configuratiors so it's all in one place.

Apologies for not getting back earlier, I have been tiling, catching up on the jobs I would have been doing the last few days had I not been bricking flight controllers!

So I await a frame, a power distribution board and then it's onward to the build.  I'm sure I will be back