Mateusz

Re: SPARKY 2 Clone
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2015, 12:41:35 am »

SPARKY 2 is cloned also already:

http://www.goodluckbuy.com/tabulabs-sparky-2-0-flight-controller-for-fpv-multicopter-quadcopter.html

So is this a good board? I'm not familiar with it.  :-\

I'm guessing from the other threads that there is a LibrePilot GCS coming out? If I'm correct  about that (sorry I'm new and making a lot of assumptions), will this board be supported in that GCS? Looks like a good deal. Can a clone be trusted though? And again, I'm assuming clones are inferior some how? or are these boards released by the original maker?

And sorry again, but I keep wondering more questions .. if it's a clone then isn't that bad? How can LibrePilot benefit from these boards? I just want to be sure I support the project the right way.

Hi hburke,

I am flying succesfully with a cloned Revo, though people, making those clones can sometimes attempt to lower prices by using cheaper components, mcu with less ram, slower one, or prototype ARM A full of bugs and not Z production version, bad caps so your board resets etc.. Or they might not have proper quality control and may ship with bad soldering to reduce price further. This may not always be the case though, as the clone I took risk with, looks identical to original revo, has the same mcu and just flies great. I am very happy with it! :) so if you order something from a place where you cannot return it easily from some unknown person, then I guess its a risk. I wouldnt buy something with extreamly low price, as that might be suspiciois as well.

I hope that answers your question, why clones can but dont have to be worst.