myflyer

• Fast and low is the way to go
wizard will not connect
« on: April 26, 2016, 04:42:40 am »
my robocat was working fine now one motor does not spin in till half stick. So I was going to run the wizard but when I hook it up with a USB the wizard can not connect to my CC3D flight controller. It says it timed out while waiting for a board to be connected. It is connected and the green light is on and the blue is bilking when I plug it into the computer

hwh

Re: wizard will not connect
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2016, 05:04:37 am »
Welcome to the LibrePilot forums.

Just on the off chance it's bad, have you tried another usb cable?

How is the blue led blinking, fast or slow (about once a second)?  Normal would be slow.

You might try going to the firmware tab with the board not connected, clicking upgrade, and then connecting the board when it tells you to.  Upgrade and erase is better but it will wipe out your current settings.

myflyer

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2016, 05:22:21 am »
I did try two different cables. will any one work ?. The blue led is blinking slow. Ok I will try the firmware tab I will try the upgrade first to see if it will even connect. thank you

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2016, 07:13:19 am »
Hi, Welcome.

Be sure also the bootloader is v4. v3 bootloader do not auto reboot and fail with a timeout while using wizard.
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/Firmware+Tab

myflyer

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2016, 02:04:40 am »
You were right it was the cable. Picked up a 5 pin Gigaware* to transfer data and it work fine thanks

hwh

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2016, 02:18:27 am »
You're welcome.  45 years in electronics have taught me to check the things that "couldn't possibly be bad".   They usually are...  :)