What's a cheep package for FPV.I was looking on bangood.
« on: April 14, 2016, 11:26:58 pm »
Am using cc3d.and am wanting 2 try FPV.with googles.I want 2 no,if any 1 has bought every thing off bangood. And r pleased with it.don't want 2 break the bank,and what would I need2 set it all up. ;D

cato

Re: What's a cheep package for FPV.I was looking on bangood.
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2016, 09:18:22 am »
Hi annabell,

I'll try to give you a set which I wold buy myself. My own set is a bit different, and loads more expensive, simply because some parts were not available when I bought it:

1st you need an FPV camera. I have best experience with RunCam TVL 600. I bought several others, but either they did not work or they broke down soon. The cam costs around € 35-50. It comes with a cable set for setup and connection to the video transmitter.

2nd you need a transmitter: I bought immersion RC, but it seems quite a few cheaper and smaller options on Ebay. I found transmitters starting at around € 15. Check the output power against your legal limitations. You should not use more power than is allowed. Even with 25mW I get a nice and stable signal, people used it up to 1.5km distance.
Try to get one without antenna in the package, because those linear antennas won't give you much fun.

3rd antenna. I would recommend an omnidirectional, circular polarized antenna for budget use. I myself have fatshark for around € 50,but it seems that the Aomway leaf clovers outperform the fatshark for half the price. A pair of the is at  around € 20-25

4th I'd use a short SMA cable to connect the vtx with the antenna. My first try was to connect the antenna directly to the vtx, which resulted the vtx antenna connector breaking on the first serious crash. So better hide the vtx somewhere inside the frame and use a short cable to the antenna. Mount the antenna to your frame, never to the vtx. Such a cable is about € 2 and will spare you buying a new vtx soon.

5th a vtx receiver and visualization. there are two basic options here:
a) monitor
b) goggles

most will prefer goggles, and currently I can only give you advice on this: I would go for the Qanum FPV goggles, they are budget and seem to work pretty well. I will have a go on them some time. They are aroun € 40

6th: finally the receiver: it needs to fit to your transmitter and goggle set. So with Quanum you have more or less free choice and can start at about € 15-50.

I did not buy from banggood so far, the reports are between perfect and crap, it seems they have no quality control, so buying from them is a bit a game of luck. Thinking of the excellent prices it may be a good try. Another issue is import taxes: at some occasions I lost all the good price due to the import taxes I had to pay, combined with the fact that instead of delivery to the house I had to drive 50km to get my toys .... so meanwhile I prefer local traders, even if price is up to 20% more, because 19% is the import tax I have to pay when I buy from China or USA.

and one simple question: if possible can you use full words, it's very difficult for foreign language people like me to read this abbrevated language.
Nighthawk 250, MT1806, 12A ESC OneShot125, Revo, M8n GPS, FPV
Cinetank MKII, Elite 2216, 30A Afro OneShot125, Revo Clone, M8N GPS

cato

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2016, 09:44:20 am »
I forgot one small piece which I like: an LC-Filter/power adaptor for the video transmitter. They are about € 5-10 and give you a more stable image. I like them for another reason, too: you can put them somewhere on the frame were you can plug power. For power you can use this power adaptor and connect it directly to the PDB. I have a PDB with inbuild 12V BEC which I use for this purpose.

So this plan would give you approximately: 40+15+20+40+20+15 = 150 Euro for a full set.
I think that would be around $180 US.

ok, that's a lot cheaper than my own first setup :)

jbarchuk

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2016, 11:10:03 am »
I forgot one small piece which I like: an LC-Filter/power adaptor for the video transmitter.

I use a small separate battery for VTx, lights and other auxiliary stuff. Do you think an LC filter is still as necessary? Or a 'very good idea?' I get good steady video with 200mw at 800' but being an FPV newbie I don't know if it could/should be better.

cato

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2016, 01:37:10 pm »

I use a small separate battery for VTx, lights and other auxiliary stuff. Do you think an LC filter is still as necessary? Or a 'very good idea?' I get good steady video with 200mw at 800' but being an FPV newbie I don't know if it could/should be better.

I did the same before, and it works pretty well. If you have a stable signal, the LC filter might now be necessary, and you can buy it later any time, anyway. I switched to using the 12V PDB BEC simply for weight optimization, as my Nighthawk is pretty much stuffed already. But I am considering to use my set of small batteries again, maybe on my cinetank for powering FPV, Gimbal and cameras. It will depend on the flying times I get with the different setups.

Honestly I was amazed how cheap an FPV can be now. My first one was more than € 500 ...

jbarchuk

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2016, 04:32:00 am »
Honestly I was amazed how cheap an FPV can be now. My first one was more than € 500 ...

I"m not surprised at all. Combine a state that subsidises the industry, an 'engineering' staff that doesn't need to create anything new just reverse engineer others' inventions, near-slave labor production costs, and retail prices can drop by 2/3. Whoopeee!!!  :o :o

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2016, 05:06:07 pm »
Hi guys!

You can buy a really simple FPV set from benggood for about $80 :)
I have tried their eachine 700tvl cameras 110 degree angle and, honestly saying they are really good considering it is about $25 (camera + 200mw transmitter). I have also tried their cheapest  helmet (VR007 ~ $60) and it is possible to fly with it only in open areas - it's resolution is too low and you will not see much details with this (my opinion VR007 is waste of money - look for something else).

Best Regards,
-K.

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2016, 11:09:10 am »
Separate Quad-Side and Pilot Side:
On my Race-Quads I use the Eachine CCD-Cam with 148 degree optics + ET200 VTX. This is a set for about 35$ complete with rubberduck antenna. I order one for every copter I use. I have added one fatshark-antenna that i use on all copters, because i have to remove the antenna for transport anyway. The ET200 has its own BEC for the cam and runs on 3S balance-JST or from any other power-source on board. Don't use the CMOS-Set, the CCD-Cam is only 5$ more and delivers a better performance.

On the pilot side i use a fatshark Attutude V3, wich burns a hole in your budget. You can also start with a hobbyking quanum cyclop for about 60$, but I like the two monitors of a "real" FPV-Google. This is the expensive part of FPV.

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2016, 11:59:24 pm »
bangood has plenty of stuff to build a quad.. the only problem is it takes a long time to get  the items  but they are cheap

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2016, 03:58:12 pm »
What about the control xmtr/rcvr?  I use a Walkera Devo 7 from banggood and if i recall a rx701 receiver...was around $75 for the two.  My fpv flys great...all parts from banggood...but can take up to month for electronic parts.  However, the devo 7 and rx701 are PWM and now i want to switch over to PPM...i believe i need to buy a receiver and transmitter as the Devo 7 doesnt support PPM.  Anyone know of a good and cheap control transmitter and receiver pair i could consider?

Mateusz

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2016, 05:25:04 pm »
Maybe http://www.verticalhobby.com/kauppa/en/receivers-walkera-devo-24ghz-10ch-receiver-rx703-ppm-out-p-3763.html

You just need compatible receiver which outputs whatever you choose. I would pick sbus over ppm though.