zukenj

Re: OPlink Vehicle control looses it
« Reply #60 on: June 03, 2016, 04:39:01 pm »
When I did my test, the signal from the Revo was really strong, the I posted pictures of the OPLink, and f5soh spoted a missing component.

You need to inspect the Revo. Take closeup pictures from both sides of the Revo, and post them, to see if someone spot something.

FS-TH9X RC
F450 Clone
Revolution FC
EMAX 2213 935 KV
HK 30A ESC UBEC running BLHeli 14.4
10x4.5 Propellers
DJI Naza clone Ublox M8N GPS

kennyevo

« Reply #61 on: June 04, 2016, 09:47:29 am »
When I did my test, the signal from the Revo was really strong, the I posted pictures of the OPLink, and f5soh spoted a missing component.

You need to inspect the Revo. Take closeup pictures from both sides of the Revo, and post them, to see if someone spot something.

Thanks, I'll have to disassemble the whole thing (the revo is in the middle of my 450 quad), I will post photos if I had time to take the whole thing apart :D
I will finally have a reason to disassemble and clean up the wiring a little :D

kennyevo

« Reply #62 on: June 06, 2016, 04:16:54 pm »
Attached photos of two sides

zukenj

« Reply #63 on: June 06, 2016, 09:18:02 pm »
I don't see and issue, but will be nice if f5soh or hwh can look at it to see if they are able to spot something.
FS-TH9X RC
F450 Clone
Revolution FC
EMAX 2213 935 KV
10x4.5 Propellers

hwh

« Reply #64 on: June 06, 2016, 10:24:46 pm »
I don't seen anything obviously wrong with the board.

The only problem I have with it is I think the RFM22b radio module is a Chinese clone of the Hope RF module.  Two of the three I have that look like that were so far off frequency they wouldn't talk to oplinks that were on the proper frequency.  There are three reasons I think they're clones.
  • The castleations on the edge of the board, real ones have a square inside edge.
  • The silkscreen is larger type.
  • The markings on the RF chip have been removed. Genuine Hope ones have their proprietary part number on them.
One of the three I have like that works, the other two I had to replace.  They're the same design as the Hope ones, they just seem to be lower quality.

kennyevo

« Reply #65 on: June 06, 2016, 11:13:58 pm »
I don't seen anything obviously wrong with the board.

The only problem I have with it is I think the RFM22b radio module is a Chinese clone of the Hope RF module.  Two of the three I have that look like that were so far off frequency they wouldn't talk to oplinks that were on the proper frequency.  There are three reasons I think they're clones.
  • The castleations on the edge of the board, real ones have a square inside edge.
  • The silkscreen is larger type.
  • The markings on the RF chip have been removed. Genuine Hope ones have their proprietary part number on them.
One of the three I have like that works, the other two I had to replace.  They're the same design as the Hope ones, they just seem to be lower quality.

So the best would be if I buy two original radio modules and replace the clones with them?

hwh

« Reply #66 on: June 07, 2016, 01:18:10 am »
I can only tell you my experiences with them.  I'm an amateur radio operator so I had the equipment on hand to test and make sure mine were bad before I replaced them.  I can only guess about your equipment.

I have 6 spare RF modules (2 - 433MHz, 2 - 915MHz, and 2 433MHz 1w) and 6 on boards (5 on oplinks, 1 on a revo). Of them all but one match as far as silkscreen, castleations, and chip markings.  The one that doesn't match I think is a clone but it does work.  Two of the oplinks originally had "clone" RFM22b modules and didn't work until I replaced the modules.  After replacement they worked perfectly.

The RFM22b modules are fairly inexpensive, I think I paid around $7 US for each one on eBay (a seller in Texas whose name is something like arduino but isn't exactly that).

kennyevo

« Reply #67 on: June 07, 2016, 10:34:12 am »
I can only tell you my experiences with them.  I'm an amateur radio operator so I had the equipment on hand to test and make sure mine were bad before I replaced them.  I can only guess about your equipment.

I have 6 spare RF modules (2 - 433MHz, 2 - 915MHz, and 2 433MHz 1w) and 6 on boards (5 on oplinks, 1 on a revo). Of them all but one match as far as silkscreen, castleations, and chip markings.  The one that doesn't match I think is a clone but it does work.  Two of the oplinks originally had "clone" RFM22b modules and didn't work until I replaced the modules.  After replacement they worked perfectly.

The RFM22b modules are fairly inexpensive, I think I paid around $7 US for each one on eBay (a seller in Texas whose name is something like arduino but isn't exactly that).

I think this is the seller you said: http://www.ebay.com/itm/RFM22B-433Mhz-Wireless-Transceiver-from-HopeRF-/172052713043?hash=item280f240e53:g:~ooAAOxyRNJScbQk

I'm going to buy some of these, but the shipping is more expensive than the actual product :D

EDIT:

I've found a shop in my country which has these (originals) for only 5$, and the shipping fee is much cheaper too, yaaaay :D
« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 01:32:16 pm by kennyevo »

hwh

« Reply #68 on: June 07, 2016, 02:07:49 pm »
Yes, that was the eBay seller I've been dealing with. He's shipped all three orders I've placed with him the next day and all have been genuine Hope modules.

kennyevo

« Reply #69 on: June 08, 2016, 07:05:07 pm »
The replacement arrived, and I've already soldered them, it binds, and looks better, but now I just tested them while they were like 1 meter away, the signal strength was -20.

It looks like that the radio problem is fixed, but I have an other:

If I power the oplink from the main or flexi port, the tx and rx leds are blinking. Tried with 3.6V to 5V. At 5V the tx/rx and the Link blinks after each other. Did I cook something when I soldered the new RF module back? :S

It's working from the USB port.

zukenj

« Reply #70 on: June 08, 2016, 08:37:25 pm »
I use my connected to the USB port. Not to control the quad, just for configuring it.
FS-TH9X RC
F450 Clone
Revolution FC
EMAX 2213 935 KV
10x4.5 Propellers

kennyevo

« Reply #71 on: June 09, 2016, 01:29:06 pm »
I'd like to test the ppm feature of the oplink (again), but If I power up the oplink from usb, it doesn't give power to the connected RX :S

chromvis

« Reply #72 on: June 09, 2016, 08:03:50 pm »
Just read this thread. I have two quads with revo and OPLink control I was flying them OK not so far although and was able to autotune etc., but this problem seem serious so I did simple walk test.
Setup 1:  Revo with 17.6 cm polarized antenna (Active - vertical, ground - horizontal), Transmitter: Radiolink (RF OFF, OPlink module attached on the back to trainer port with UBEC 5V and Bluetooth module with stock coil-type antenna).   Set quad on the table and walk away with TX and laptop. In about 20 m away signal was lost for a second then again. At 30 m distance signal was lost completely. There was no fading bar was in the mid-level and than gone.
Setup 2:  Revo with similar polarized antenna (original from OpenPilot June 2015), Transmitter FlySky with replaced RF module (OPlink witn UBEC and Bluetooth) polarized antenna 17.5 cm active vertical with dual horizontal ground wires. Same walking test. Result slightly different: in about 20 - 25 m GCS lost signal on the bottom right corner and the whole OPLink panel went blank. Walking back restore connection and OPlink panel got reloaded.
I inspected both OPLinks - coils are in place. I will swap coordinators to cross transmitters and retest. But I already have doubt in reliability to this setup.

chromvis

« Reply #73 on: June 09, 2016, 08:20:25 pm »
Swap transmitters - results are even worse. Signal loose at about 10 meters. Could it be an interference with telemetry (PPM + telemetry)? It seems to be not a radio transmission problem, but rather processor problem. Complete sudden loss of signal appears at 50 - 60 dB.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 01:37:44 pm by chromvis »

km4lkx

« Reply #74 on: July 18, 2016, 02:09:47 pm »
Does lowering the baud rate of the oplinks increase the range at all? My quad dropped out of the sky as soon as it reached about 50 meters out.