jferfre

Revolution
« on: April 08, 2016, 08:23:20 am »
Hi all

I've just received my CC3D revolution, which has OPlink modem included.

Just to clarify as I'm going to play with it on the bench this weekend

If I'm correct, I cannot connect this FC without antenna anytime right?

Thanks for help!
« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 05:25:52 pm by f5soh »

jbarchuk

Re: Revolution
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2016, 09:40:04 am »
First, there is no device named 'Revolution.' The CC3D was an older FC with no RF link but could be added via a port. The Revo is -supposed- to have an onboard RF -but- may be deleted and is called a 'mini,' and similarly may have an RF link added via a port.

That's for clarity but has little to do with answering your Q. :) I -think- you mean you have a separate OPLink module.

The GCS -should- have OPLink disabled by default, because the most important aspect, whether onboard or external, is that the RF must not be enabled without an antenna connected to the FC. <-- That's the part that answers your Q. :)

To say it again a little differently, in the GCS make sure telemetry is disabled until you're sure an antenna is connected to the RF port (whether the RF is integrated in the FC board or is a separate module.)

jferfre

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2016, 10:56:02 am »
Hi

Thanks for the claryfing answer

Yes, I'm trying to learn as fast as possible.

But, indeed, my 'Revo'  ;D has the modem (or Oplink-air-station) inside, and it's not nano

https://goo.gl/photos/cDwnZqTiZpE1zze36

lucas

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2016, 04:29:28 pm »
To play it safe:  connect the antenna, plug the board into the PC and go to the OPLink tab inside the configuration Page.  Set Max. Power to 0.  Save and powercycle.

Now you can play with your Revo without the antenna.

Anytime you want to play with the OPLink, set Max. Power to something different to 0 AND connect the antenna.

PS:   Would you please change the name of your thread?  Revo doesn't exist and something like "Using the Revo without RF Antenna?" Will lead potential interested users to this thread ;)