dcruze

Easy Tune???
« on: April 05, 2016, 07:25:54 pm »
I am setting up a Eachine Racer 250. I have loaded Libre Pilot and have it bound to my transmitter. It will fly but drifts and is hard to hover steady. I keep seeing people talk about PID settings and Easy Tune.

If Easy Tune is what I need I cannot find step by step instructions.

How do I tune the Quad to get it to hover. Any help and direction is much appreciated. Thanks

f5soh

• LibrePilot
Re: Easy Tune???
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2016, 07:35:15 pm »
Try this settings as base:
http://wikirotors.com/index.php?title=Eachine_Racer_250#PIDS

If you are using PWM as input you can just use one Accessory at a time. Need a knob or slider in your radio.
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/TxPID

hwh

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2016, 07:46:36 pm »
Another user posted his uav config file for a stock eachine racer 250 in https://forum.librepilot.org/index.php?topic=1123.msg8189#msg8189   You might try using it as a starting point, he also posted a video of him flying with those settings.

dcruze

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2016, 01:24:06 am »
Thanks everyone, this is very confusing.

HWH, I loaded the ERacer250 UAV settings from the other post, (I never did find his video), but every time I load his settings it messes up my transmitter and I cannot arm the quad. Any Ideas. I am using a FS_TH9x transmitter.

hwh

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2016, 02:22:02 am »
His video was posted wrong, try

You'd have to write down your current hardware and input settings before loading his settings.  And then put them back after you'd loaded his uav config.

I was originally just thinking you could look at his settings, the stabilization tab mostly, to see what worked well for him.

dcruze

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2016, 02:34:51 am »
Thanks for posting the video. I will see if I can get his settings.
I keep looking at all the PID settings people are talking about, but I,m not sure that is my problem. I don't see it ocillateing like they are saying. When trying to hover it will slowly Yaw to the right and drift to the right. Is this still PID's or something else.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2016, 10:49:07 am »
Remember you need to keep your frame still while wait Gyro init after you connect battery.
Fast led blinking = do not move quad.

dcruze

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2016, 04:40:12 pm »
Yes, I keep it still while it is booting.
I am a newbie in messing with settings, so I don't know if I am making the right changes. I don't seem to see any difference. As I said before, I don't see the ocillation like people are talking about, but  I have a lot of drifting to the right and it continues to yaw right.

I,m looking for someone to point me in the right direction. PID's or something else?

If I set up Easytune, what is the Accessory switch for? Do you have a standard mode and flip the switch to use the Easytune settings?

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2016, 06:41:38 pm »
Try loading the config file attached.
It update only PID for all banks and do not overwrite others settings.

You will be able to do some Rolls or flips setting Rattitude, i have increased the rates to 400deg/s but added some expo.
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/Rattitude+Setup

dcruze

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2016, 08:41:50 pm »
Thanks, I will look at loading the file, but It might not be until tomorrow.

As far as flips and rolls, I'm new at flying and you already want me to do flips on purpose. Ha Ha.

Right now I am just trying to get it to fly level and slow, then I can fly like you guys and Superman.
Thanks

dcruze

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2016, 07:11:30 pm »
Thanks, I loaded that file and it definitely helped. I can see some slight oscillation and it wants to drift backwards. It is also hard to maintain a level altitude when hovering. It seems like the slightest throttle correction makes it bounce up and down.

Is this just the characteristic of these copters?

What settings do I need to change to balance it out now?

dcruze

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2016, 12:14:17 am »
I found another post on Easy Tune -https://forum.librepilot.org/index.php?topic=1106.msg8079#msg8079- and think i'm starting to understand it, but where do I get the Min and Max settings for it?

I thought that I would get them from the INPUT screen for the controller, but the ones for Easy Tune are in decimals. Where do they come from?

jbarchuk

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2016, 02:03:19 am »
It is also hard to maintain a level altitude when hovering. It seems like the slightest throttle correction makes it bounce up and down.

In the GCS see Vehicle - Throttle Curve to soften/flatten the 'useful' range of stick motion.

dcruze

« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2016, 02:16:56 am »
I would like to bind Easy Tune to one of my rotary knobs on my controller. How can I get the Min Max numbers?

nuggetz

« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2016, 05:32:32 am »
Dronin has a really nice autotune that I used on my ER250. Worked like a champ.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk