Re: REVO CC3D Alt Hold
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2016, 10:41:17 pm »
I will try that,    I did cover up the area where the esc's plug in,  then I just went outside over my driveway,  went up about 5 ft and switched to altitude vario and it held,  but then would drift down almost to the ground and then drift up.   I have the controller mounted on some vibration absorption gel so I am not sure what else to adjust or try.   This is my first time with a Revo controller and 250  so Maybe this is normal to move up and down like that?   But I will try anything suggested hoping to get it more accurate.   

« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2016, 10:42:46 pm »
Wanted to mention that graph was with it sitting on my table.  I don't have wireless setup

Mateusz

« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2016, 04:32:36 pm »
Does setting Configuration->Stabilization->Altitude Hold  Velocity Integral to 20 help anything ? A friend had to change velocity proportional 12 and velocity 14 to get better result, on a very powerful quad. Be careful test on your own risk in empty area :)
And if you find values that helped, please write!

liftbag

• LibrePilot
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2016, 05:08:52 pm »
I happened on several occasions to seek a good Altitude Vario tuning, but the corrections are always being ugly, whatever parameter I've changed.
The only parameter I never touched was Velocity Integral, because of this tooltip.

But I had ugly oscillations and corrections.
OpenPilot used 20 as a default, so I decided to try, and it works.
Using TxPID to tune all the altitude hold setting, I get very good results with my powerful revo equipped micro racer.

These are my actual settings that make Altitude vario similar to naza.

« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2016, 06:19:46 pm »
My setting were way different so I am putting yours in and going to give it a try.  Thanks

« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2016, 01:01:01 am »
My setting were way different so I am putting yours in and going to give it a try.  Thanks
     Wanted to tell you that I made all the changes and matched your settings.  Went out today and it flew so much better.   Thanks again,  I feel much better now about changing to the Revo

« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2016, 01:21:04 am »
    One question,  you said you left Altitude Vario  at 20   but I see 14 on the screen you posted,   should I change that?

liftbag

• LibrePilot
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2016, 08:00:03 am »
    One question,  you said you left Altitude Vario  at 20   but I see 14 on the screen you posted,   should I change that?
I think 20 should be a good starting point. 14 is the results of a TxPID session where I feel the best behavior.