sporatic motor question - SOLVED :)
« on: March 26, 2016, 11:18:01 pm »
Building a new Quad and having a problem with my motors. First let me explain how I set up motors. I unsolder the wires from the ESC and solder the motor wires directly to the ESC. Next using a Rx, I check the motor direction and basic operation. Once this is done for all 4 I assemble to the Quad.

Of course at that point I know everything should work.

For my question: Going through the setup wizard, motor 3 was acting jumpy. I thought maybe it is just going too slow and continued forward. Once done with Tx setup, I tested the motors breifly. At this point all 4 are acting crazy too the point where they will even stop from being out of sync.

I am suspecting crosstalk on power wires/signal wires but thought I would ask and see if anyone else has run into this before.

Also I am using a CC3D from a different build, so I have no reason to suspect the FC. Also since motor 3 showed this during setup (idle setting) I feel I can assume it has nothing to do with radio gear.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 03:56:59 pm by cqp Bert »

Re: sporatic motor question - SOLVED :)
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2016, 04:00:32 pm »
The problem turned out to be motor mounting screws being too long. It seems they were touching the winding(s). this in turn must have been inducing a voltage to other motors or something like that.

Not really sure what was happening but once I added a washer between the motor and frame the issue went away.