First build/ Questions About Power
« on: March 26, 2016, 12:07:50 am »
Hello all,
I've recently been introduced into the world of mini quads and fpv though 3D printing. I’ve been printing for over a year now and I decided to try to print and build my own 250 class fpv  racer.

I got all of the parts I need and I know what they are supposed to do.  I’m just not sure on how to make all of the proper connections.

My main question is how to power the CC3D. I am using 3s power with DYS 20A OPTO ESCs. I have a Matek v3 5in1 pdb and a Fly Sky FS-iA6B receiver. The pdb has a built in 5v bec  but I’m not sure if that gets plugged into the receiver or the flight controller. If it does go to the flight controller do I just plug it into one of the extra channels (5 or 6) to supply power to the board and then that powers the receiver? Or do they need their own separate power connections?

I know I only plug the signal wires from the ESCs into the CC3D using channels 1-4 and then power the ESCs from the Matek pdb. 

I want to use ppm on the receiver so I know I only need to use 3 wires into channel 1 from the CC3D to the FS-iA6B.

Also, the pdb has a lost plane finder and I’m not sure what connection to make in order for that to work.

The fpv gear is getting its power from the balance leads on the battery pack.

I attached a diagram of the way I think its supposed to be wired. Verification or corrections on this would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you for any help or advice you have to help me figure this out!

Eric

Re: First build/ Questions About Power
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2016, 02:59:24 am »
Yes for your power question. Plug 5v into either the empty 5-6 on the flight controller. And the FC will power the RX.

Looks like you have it figured out. For the buzzer I'm not sure. That should be in the LP wiki. But an un used channel on the FC can be configured in PWM output and tied to a switch. But im not sure how. Somebody will link it if you can't find it yourself.  I've never used it. I use a standalone buzzer TrackR. That way it still works if the battery looses connection.

Your daigram looks correct.

I not sure on the PDB buzzer, but I suspect its some sort of solder bridge you make to enable it. The  FC only needs power and ground and your diagram has a signal connected. I would assume that's how it gets its buzzer on a switch signal. I again don't have a clue about setup on that.

"Feel free to elaborate and or correct me everybody else"

« Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 03:13:50 am by NicholasDavid »
5" alien 4s 596grams with battery and GoPro FPV
Lantian LT210 4s 604grams with batt and GoPro FPV
GE X220 4s 6" 513grams with batt and HD cam FPV
Homemade acro X copter. 6" 4s - like a warpquad LOS

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2016, 03:48:29 am »
Thank you for helping clear that up! I haven't searched in the LP wiki yet so I'll give that a try.

I still have no idea on how to connect the buzzer. Hopefully the wiki will have the info I'm looking for.

Another question about the connections... The ESC has a twisted black/white wire to connect to the flight controller. Is it possible to remove the black wire and just attach the signal wire only (like pictured in my diagram). I saw this done in a Youtube video and I was wondering if that's a safe way to do it. What is the black wire used for?

Thank you for the help!

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2016, 08:22:15 am »
I think it's always a good idea to have a ground. It can only be a good thing....just like all other electricity.
The esc needs a stable ground connection with the flight controller. So the signal stays stable and interference free. That ground is the only one the escs have with the FC. I assume the signal leed with ground is the only way to complete the circuit and get a clean signal from the esc.

humayraykinaon

• Mr. PostMan
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2016, 09:51:07 am »
I think it's always a good idea to have a ground. It can only be a good thing....just like all other electricity.
The esc needs a stable ground connection with the flight controller. So the signal stays stable and interference free. That ground is the only one the escs have with the FC. I assume the signal leed with ground is the only way to complete the circuit and get a clean signal from the esc.
I have a CC3D Atom Mini Nano board with only signal connections and they seems to be working OK.
<=--| Minpin115 | Spadger150 | Spedix180 |--=>

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2016, 03:58:33 pm »
See you never know, I assumed they needed grounds.