Hello. My name is Rob and I'm new to all of this...everything.

What do the numbers in the min, neutral, and max input fields mean, w/in LP GCS?  i.e., if a value of 1000 is in min, what does 1000 actually represent? 

Thanks.

Edit: of course I now see a forum specifically for GCS... sorry. Can this be moved?

f5soh

• LibrePilot
Re: Help with GCS - min, neutral, max values - what do they signify
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2016, 09:59:50 pm »
PWM (Pulse Width Modulation) are used to drive servo outputs, values are µs

lucas

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2016, 10:22:47 pm »
Take a look at this page:  http://ebldc.com/?p=48

Specifically the RC PWM section.

On the GCS you find Min, Neutral and Max values for the Inputs (Values sent to the Flight Controller from the Radio) and for the Outputs (Values sent from the Flight Controller to the ESCs or Servos).

On the Inputs the Min and Max values represent the Endpoints of each channel of your radio and the Neutral is the value your radio channel sends to the FC when you let go of the sticks. 

As you can see the Neutral values for Yaw, Roll and Pitch are close to 1500 and for throttle is close to 1000.

On the Outputs the Min and Max should be 1000 and 2000 for ESCs and the Neutral should be the minimum value at wich the motors spin.  For Servos they represent Endpoints and Center Value*

A piece of advise:  You don´t have to fully understand this topic when starting, but if you have more questions don´t hesitate to ask over here.

* Not entirely true for every case but in sake of simplicity bear with me.

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2016, 05:37:32 pm »
I am not  very clear on setting the servos on my flying wing up using the min-neutral-max  commands.
Does min mean full travel in one direction and max mean full travel in the other direction and neutral meaning centred.

Thank you

John

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2016, 02:42:07 pm »
I am not  very clear on setting the servos on my flying wing up using the min-neutral-max  commands.
Does min mean full travel in one direction and max mean full travel in the other direction and neutral meaning centred.

Thank you

John

Yes

Also, I'd first get your wing flying and dialed in without any flight controllers only then add the controller...

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2016, 09:55:17 am »
Thanks nitro,I was not sure how to go about this.
I agree with you about setting up the wing before fitting the flight controller and this is what I will do.
I get gusty wind at my flying site so I am hoping the CC3D will help.

Thanks

John