daveapplemotors

• Helis rule
Re: CC3D and Helicopters
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2016, 11:08:57 pm »
Do you have radio input?

Check Configuration / Flight Data-- the input light. Green is good. Red, no. For radio (PWM) input with your 6113 RX your UAV says Receiver Port. Check in Configuration / Hardware. Is that where it's plugged in? Yours should have no DSM, which is for satellite.

Also once you get connected and do Manual Calibration you will be successful. Your TX numbers for 6 channels are still in your UAV: 1118, 1924, etc. 

Just a guess...

Sometimes I get weirdness like one not binding unless I am connecting to USB. And then after that it binds to just the TX for the rest of my session.
Happy Landings!

« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2016, 04:19:27 am »
No radio input seems to make it to the servos to move them. The servos do react when I move the CC3D though. In the GCS it shows everything on the Tx moving properly except for the collective slider. When I hit throttle hold, the throttle slider stops responding as it should, but the collective slider always defaults to zero in the manual Tx calibration.

My Tx is telling me that throttle hold is working properly, but the GCS seems to disagree. Nothing is set to DSM, everything is PWM. The Rx is plugged into the Receiver Port. Manual calibration works for everything but the collective bar.

The Tx is set up with defaults and I have tried multiple receivers. I have tried binding while plugged in and binding while not. I am lost for where to look for other problems.

daveapplemotors

• Helis rule
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2016, 05:43:19 am »
I have two strategies when things don't move.
#1 go back to a UAV that moved
#2 try Swash Leveling (make sure to do a Jerry save if that works)

I am in the same boast with you right now. Blackie is paralyzed too. I flew him a few packs today and when I got home to play with the GPS it acts just like yours. I am going to bed and will try tomorrow.  My head hurts.
Happy Landings!

daveapplemotors

• Helis rule
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2016, 12:41:28 pm »
I am mystified again. I thought I might be pushing insanity trying the same thing as last night and expecting different results. I am not crazy (drooling or babbling) but the results seem to be different.

This morning Blackie was not paralyzed anymore. Servos move with TX and react. Pitch and Yaw reacted in the wrong direction and OPlink did not work today until I reset the baud rate, coordinator check box and coordinator number. And Pitch and Yaw react correctly now.

Also it won't do the Accelerometer Calibration - It says "Calibration Failed see help". I feel like I failed a blood test. Now what? 

This flew about 4 packs in Rate yesterday. I got some PID numbers that I was really happy with but couldn't save so I must either remember the numbers or repeat my test flights.
Happy Landings!

« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2016, 10:29:47 pm »
I'm still struggling. Nothing will break the paralysis. I don't know what to do.

daveapplemotors

• Helis rule
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2016, 03:12:48 am »
We will get it . No worries.
Happy Landings!

« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2016, 05:15:19 am »
So, I switched the atom back to the original CC3D, and it worked. I tried to put the exact settings back on the atom... And nothing. I think the problem is in the atom's output to the servos and I don't know if that's fixable.

I think it's a bit weird because I tried two separate Atom boards and neither worked. The GCS shows all proper movement aside from the collective switch on them but there is no output.

I modded my frame to accept the larger board and I think I will try playing with the atoms more to see if I can get any output through the wizard.

« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2016, 10:28:52 pm »
I am having a similar issue as you where pitch and yaw are reacting the wrong way, but I'm not sure I understand how you fixed it. I am not using OPlink, so I don't think that could be the problem.

daveapplemotors

• Helis rule
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2016, 01:59:29 am »
pitch per servos? Or per PFD (graphics)?

If you are talking bout servo reactions then board orientation should be key to Pitch reactions.

Yaw is easy. You can do a double reverse so that rudder control is the same and yaw reaction will be correct. Reverse your TX rudder channel and reverse rudder channel in Configuration / Output . There is a little check box on the right.
Happy Landings!

« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2016, 02:23:16 am »
Yaw fixed! Thank you!

I have tried playing with board orientation settings, but it always ends up trying to correct in the wrong direction on either pitch or roll when the heli is moved. The board itself is rotated 90ยบ on the yaw axis, but if I account for to in software, one of the axis (roll or pitch) is backwards.

« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2016, 02:44:02 am »
Got it all working. I made the board think its in some weird position that causes yaw to be reversed, then I switched yaw back as per your instructions. Now on to the crashing...