ArthurB

Automatic pan/tilt camera support
« on: March 11, 2016, 11:55:50 am »
Hello everyone,

I'm new to this forum (and to FPV), so first things first :
- thanks everybody (LP + users) for this great community and all the online advices!!
- I hope I put this subject on the right place, if I didn't I apologize and please feel free to move it,
- I own an Eachine 250 with a cc3d board, and I plan on putting a Revo on a flying wing,
- I use the FlySky FS-i6 transmitter with FS-iA6B receiver (the one that allows telemetry),
- I'm French so don't mind my mistakes ^^
- I'm an enginner and I'm very curious :p

Here is what I would like to do :
- I plan on making a small pan/tilt support using a 9g servo for the camera that's mounted on my Eachine (and later on every quad or flying wing I will own  ;D )
- at first I could easily use the potentiometer of my FS-I6 to manually orientate the camera while flying, but as you know it's not a good idea to leave the sticks even for a few tenths of a second...
- so I was wondering if it was possible to program the cc3d via GCS so that it automatically controls the servo depending on the attitude parameters (or directly the gyroscope sensor values)????
- I would implement myself the mathematical relation between these values and the desirable servo output,
- I purchased a Revolution board so if this kind of programmation cannot be done on the CC3D but on the Revo, it's OK.

- of course, this would necessitate to be able to control a servo from the board and not the receiver, is that possible?

- If the answer is definitely "no" then what should I do/buy/learn to make it become "yes"?  ;)

Thank you very much and hopefully you will find this matter interesting :)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 12:00:29 pm by ArthurB »

f5soh

• LibrePilot
Re: Automatic pan/tilt camera support
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2016, 06:45:25 pm »
Hi,

For pan/tilt you can use the Gimbal module and connect a servo.
See this thread, there is a video:
https://forum.librepilot.org/index.php?topic=716.0

ArthurB

Re: Automatic pan/tilt camera support
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2016, 10:31:36 pm »
Gonna try that! Thought the Gimbal could only pilote a dedicated hardware, not the servo.
Thank you.