Set my "gear" switch to start the motors
« on: March 10, 2016, 07:08:41 pm »
Hello!
I have the turnigy 9x and the 8ch receiver.
I have a switch on my turnigy which is now set to do absolutely nothing.
Can I somehow set so when I put the switch in top position to start the motors at low RPM so its like ready for take-off?

Cheers!

mazevx

• Still Learning ...everday
Re: Set my "gear" switch to start the motors
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2016, 07:46:58 pm »
Yes, you can Set your switch to an auxiliary input and use this for arming. You are now arming with stick command?

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2016, 07:52:23 pm »
Yes, you can Set your switch to an auxiliary input and use this for arming. You are now arming with stick command?
Yeah I mean, now I do "throttle right" to arm the motors so I can pull throttle up and down.
Thats' what I still want, but for instance my motors are not spinning at 1040 but they start spin at 1045.
I want that switch to make the motors go to where they spin, so I still wanna arm and disarm with stick but I want to change the idle rpm with the switch, is that possible in librepilot?

mazevx

• Still Learning ...everday
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2016, 08:00:49 pm »
You can do this with your transmitter easiely. Just Set a mixer from that switch to your throttle channel and add few % to it and its done...

jbarchuk

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2016, 01:18:31 am »
Can I somehow set so when I put the switch in top position to start the motors at low RPM so its like ready for take-off?

That's a useless feature because it can very easily screw things up and confuse the FC. A proper launch is arm, touch the throttle to double check that all the props are spinning, and them immediately (immediately meaning -no- -delay-) add enough throttle to get off the ground. The reason is that from the time the motors start to spin the FC is trying to control the attitude of the aircraft. If it's on the ground and it can't easily pitch or roll so it adds speed to motors to try to make that happen. The attitude doesn't change, it still can't control the aircraft, so it tries harder. Then you do launch but by then the motors are already spun way up and it can fly away or at least do other wacky unintended stuff.

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2016, 05:11:54 am »
if i am understanding the question correctly, its a simple fix. just click the box i highlighted in the attachment and make sure all of your draw bars are high enough to make the motors spin at a neutral state  :)

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2016, 09:04:26 pm »

That's a useless feature because it can very easily screw things up and confuse the FC. A proper launch is arm, touch the throttle to double check that all the props are spinning, and them immediately (immediately meaning -no- -delay-) add enough throttle to get off the ground. The reason is that from the time the motors start to spin the FC is trying to control the attitude of the aircraft. If it's on the ground and it can't easily pitch or roll so it adds speed to motors to try to make that happen. The attitude doesn't change, it still can't control the aircraft, so it tries harder. Then you do launch but by then the motors are already spun way up and it can fly away or at least do other wacky unintended stuff.

Oh ok!
But I think that when I arm the motors I will have set the idle so they will start spin, is that ok to do?

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2016, 06:27:49 am »
If you want to. But an easier way is set up another switch in the radio on the throttle channel. So one way the throttle is normal. Motors shut off at zero. And the other way they spin at 5% or whatever you set it to. Usually as a throttle channel curve/mix on a switch. You also do not need the GCS for this. It's all in the radio. 

The other way is motors spin after armed check box on the arming setup tab. I think..... It somewhere in the inputs section.
5" alien 4s 596grams with battery and GoPro FPV
Lantian LT210 4s 604grams with batt and GoPro FPV
GE X220 4s 6" 513grams with batt and HD cam FPV
Homemade acro X copter. 6" 4s - like a warpquad LOS