jtrout19

Confusion with everything CC3D
« on: March 05, 2016, 06:36:43 am »
Alright I may have gotten into the Revolution game at the wrong point here. I am finding it incredible hard to find documentation dealing with librepilot GCS and FW for the Revolution. I had everything set up and almost working in OP GCS. But Since it is not supported anymore I figured I would load everything up in librepilot GCS. So i did this got my quad back up and going. Now I cannot get my OPlink mini working anymore. On the firmware tab it shows a yellow triangle in the Firmware now for both FC and the Oplink mini board.

I have hit the update and erase button for both devices. They are still showing yellow triangle. I was also having issues with the quad not arming when I set flight mode positions to anything other than stabilization mode 1-6. I figured librepilot would fix it. I also cannot find the firmware for the revolution. According to the FW tab I have 15.09 but it is telling me untagged or custom firmware build.

Is something wrong here or am I just doing it wrong. Could use some serious advice.

Mateusz

Re: Confusion with everything CC3D
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2016, 08:43:39 am »
  • Yellow triangle with exclamation mark and tool-tip "Untagged or custom firmware build" is not an error, in fact if you build GCS and firmware yourself you will see this. Don't bother by this. Unless it says that your firmware does not match GCS version.
  • Even though LibrePilot is a fork of OpenPilot, it is not compatible. You can't use settings from OpenPilot. You have to do full settings erase, flash new firmware (bootloader is the same so no need to change that) and set everything in LibrePilot from scratch. If you import settings from OpenPilot you have high chances that they may do something else under LibrePilot or be misinterpreted and your aircraft might do wired stuff. Actually you should configure everything from scratch every major released version. Developers may change something and settings may not be valid/safe anymore when used with different version.
  • It's either CC3D or Revolution, those are two different designs.
  • There is wiki https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/User+Manual if you don't find what you were looking for on it, you can always ask here. But check, because sometimes people don't check and forum users post wiki links as replys ;)

Answering your question, nothing wrong with not being able to arm in certain modes. Some flight modes can only be turned on in-flight for safety reasons.

Mateusz

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2016, 09:17:12 am »
Since you are new, I think I should really have stressed one advice. Please try to get your aircraft flying nicely, first with attitude estimation Complementary algorithm, before even attempting to use any of more advanced flight modes, such as those using GPS.

The reason why I am writing this is that many people with amazing stubbornness ignore this advice and are hard to convince that adding more complexity on the top of basic settings before getting them right in the first place, won't magically make things better.
Best is to just configure, tune everything to fly nicely in Complementary, play with different banks, discover settings what they do, understand PIDs and other options relevant to that mode, enjoy flying and once you feel comfortable and have good understanding only then move to more advanced features like those using GPS.

You will have to learn not just a few things to get it right, but to me that's a part of fun as well ;)

jtrout19

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2016, 08:15:16 pm »
Awesome guys thanks. I will take your advice and post questions as they come up. There is so much to learn within GCS itself i totally understand why you say that. Thanks for your advice and I am looking forward to learning with the help of these forums!