Paul-H

GCS App on Android
« on: March 03, 2016, 06:21:08 pm »
Hi all

Is there Librepilot GCS App for Android available anywhere. I found the old OpenPilot one but nothing for Librepilot, is there one available anywhere.

Thanks

Paul

@marc

• Ask me about LibrePilot2Go on Android.
Re: GCS App on Android
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2016, 08:24:22 am »
Hi,

there is an Android App in development, however it may still take some time until the first public version is released.
If you want to participate in some very early tests (which means bugs, bugs, bugs), just drop me a PM.

What is being developed is no GCS-Port to Android, it is a new app that concentrates on features really needed "in the field", like health status, GPS and logging.

Best Regards,
Marc

mazevx

• Still Learning ...everday
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2016, 05:46:07 pm »
Great to hear about that!

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2016, 09:38:01 pm »
Any insight on when librepilot may update to support other external mags? I'm new to librepilot and realize that librepilot itself is fairly new.
Just curious.

Mateusz

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2016, 10:25:36 pm »
Any insight on when librepilot may update to support other external mags? I'm new to librepilot and realize that librepilot itself is fairly new.
Just curious.

Other external mags are already supported in development (next) branch and will appear in next release.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 11:03:08 pm by Mateusz »

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2016, 10:29:37 pm »
That's what I've heard.  I was just wondering how far out the release is.
Don't get me wrong, I know the developers are probably doing this on their own free time.

jbarchuk

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2016, 09:05:05 am »
What is being developed is no GCS-Port to Android, it is a new app that concentrates on features really needed "in the field", like health status, GPS and logging.

For field adjustments I'd be perfectly thrilled to have an app that reads config from FC and writes a *.uav file. I can edit that with any text editor, and then in the reverse direction the app reads the file and writes it to FC. App doesn't need an editor.

GUI and bells-whistles-GCS is very cool eye candy but not required. Even typically graphical information such as the flight data screen can be presented in plain text numbers.

@marc

• Ask me about LibrePilot2Go on Android.
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2016, 08:38:59 am »
As for the android app, if you want to join testing, just drop me a pm.

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2016, 10:36:36 pm »
As for the android app, if you want to join testing, just drop me a pm.

I want test an app for report bugs and function...
I use Revo.