jtrout19

X650F First quad with Revolution
« on: March 03, 2016, 08:41:57 am »
Hey guys glad I found this forum. Ok so here is what I got going on. I just built a quad and here is a quick rundown on what is on it. Revolution, Afro 30AMP esc SIMONk FW. Multistar Elite 2216 920KV motors. FRsky V8FR-II receiver, HK Pilot Power VI with dual BEC, current, and volt sensor, Parallax PMB-648 gps module, Oplink for GCS. I just finished the majority of it tonight and it is up and running. Flies nice. Now here are my issues I was hoping someone could help me with.

1. IN GCS the SONAR port which is where I have the Current and volt sensors from the Power Distro board running is greyed out. What is this and how can I remedy this issue.

2. GPS module is connect to MAIN PORT. I cannot get that working either. I have U-Center but the documentation for the revo says it is auto configuring for GPS modules. The module does work and locks to satellites just fine. This is verified with U-Center.

3. In GCS on the flight data tab, in the window that looks like an artificial HUD that gives airspeed and alt and heading and rate of climb. If I tilt my quad to the left the horizon tilts to the right and vis versa. Up and down is correct though. Is there a way to fix this?

4. This may be an issue with my transmitter but I have a 9X flashed with openTX. I was able to get the flight mode switche working just find by setting it up in channel 5. But the accessories switches I cannot get to function. Really got me scratching my head.

So that being said I know it is a lot for a new guy to pop in and just start asking questions, but any help would be greatly appreciate more than you guys know. I also appreciate any help your willing to give even if it is a here go read this page kinda thing. Thanks again and am looking forward to your guys responses.

Tyler

Mateusz

Re: X650F First quad with Revolution
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2016, 10:35:33 am »
1) You need to enable voltage and current sensing and set it up
Google for librepilot confluence current sensor
2) GPS is only used in INS31 attitude estimatiin, in complementary it can be connected but is not used. But please dont rush into gps flight modes. First set up and tune quad in complementary so it flies good there. Only then add more sensors.
3) Did you mount your flight controller flipped upside down ? You can correct it by setting virtual board rotation in gcs, but easier to just mount flight controller correctly. If you use external mag then it has to be aligned with accel so also rotated the same way in case you use virtual board.
4) i also have 9x and opentx as second radio and there in the transmitter you must add accessory to send its state over certain channel

jtrout19

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2016, 01:55:51 pm »
Awesome thank you. The gps module was added to have lat and long show up in GCS. was not planning on a gps flight mode any time soon.

The flight controller is mounted with ESC header pins facing up. Most of the photos I have seen of the Revo shows it being just a board. Mine came housed in a nice little plastic case with an arrow on it showing which side is the the front. This issus is now fixed. Also no external mag. I was under the impression that the FC had its own mag. 

Alright so I got the Volt current sensor working now. But there is no documentation on the PDB for me to figure out the Voltage and Current Factors. It displays 18 volts as of right now on a fully charges 2200mah 3s

Update* Ok So I think I got my number figured out. For the voltage factor I changed it until it read the same voltage as my FLUKE DMM. For the current value I took the 180a factor of 54.64480 and divided it by 180 to get  .3035822. If you do the same with the other two values which are 90a *27.322* and the 45a is *13.66120* you get the same number of .3035822. So I took .3035822 and multiplied it by the current rating of my board which is 120a to come up with a current factor value of 36.4299. We will see how this works. Does my math seem correct. Thanks again!
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 04:05:17 pm by jtrout19 »

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2016, 06:50:09 pm »
PFD does show horizon "backwards".  :)
If you are inside aircraft and it banks left, the left side of horizon line comes up.