Fail to build gcs on Raspberry pi
« on: August 11, 2015, 03:52:15 am »
Hi everyone,
I tried to build LibrePilot (so did Openpilot) on Raspberry Pi2.(armhf)
I am using ubuntu MATE for Pi2. And I successfully built all firmware on it. But when I tried to run make gcs on it, I always face with some build error without useful output. It seems like Pi2 does not support OpenGL, or some feature. I tried apt-get missing packages but no help.

Most of errors are like: 'GLdouble' has not been declared ...... maybe if some header I was missing founded, the problem will be solved.
Who can help me to solve this? I'm working on gluing Raspberry Pi and LibrePilot.

here is my design of this. welcome to comment!
https://forum.librepilot.org/index.php?topic=96.0

/home/physicsboy/code/LibrePilot/ground/gcs/src/libs/glc_lib/maths/../geometry/../3rdparty/glext/glext.h:4057:67: error: ‘GLdouble’ has not been declared
 typedef void (APIENTRYP PFNGLMULTITEXCOORD1DPROC) (GLenum target, GLdouble s);
                                                                   ^
/home/physicsboy/code/LibrePilot/ground/gcs/src/libs/glc_lib/maths/../geometry/../3rdparty/glext/glext.h:4058:74: error: ‘GLdouble’ does not name a type
 typedef void (APIENTRYP PFNGLMULTITEXCOORD1DVPROC) (GLenum target, const GLdouble *v);
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 04:01:29 am by physicsboy0709 »

parched

Re: Fail to build gcs on Raspberry pi
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2015, 08:57:20 am »
Hi physicsboy, yes you are correct, the GCS is needs OpenGL which the RPI doesn't have. We are removing this part, however, so in future it should be possible. I will post here again in the future when we have a version you can test.

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2015, 03:41:18 am »
Hi physicsboy, yes you are correct, the GCS is needs OpenGL which the RPI doesn't have. We are removing this part, however, so in future it should be possible. I will post here again in the future when we have a version you can test.
I got a tweet yesterday from 3 Dr. Street Team in twitter.
https://github.com/MAVProxyUser/OpenPilot-RELEASE-15.05.2_NoOpenGL
I'm working for finding out the different from original one, so I can make same change to current repositories.

I downloaded it and built it, not succeed till now. It seems compiler bugs.

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2015, 04:22:06 am »
I can test this if needed as I am very interested in a ground station with R Pi.

Lob0426

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2016, 12:38:54 am »
I know this is an old post. New info available

The latest release of Raspbian now has OpenGL drivers available. It is only recommended on the Pi2B due to memory constraints. It may now be possible to use GCS on a RasPi 2B.
Turnigy Talon Carbon Fiber V1
Generic 2212 motors 1000kv
1045 props
Revolution (BG)

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2016, 09:28:19 am »
Since this might intrest me alot in the future I keep this post alive with this info.

Raspberry Pi 3 released a while ago. Does this open up for a nice GCS?

https://www.raspberrypi.org/blog/raspberry-pi-3-on-sale/

Lob0426

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2016, 07:50:49 am »
The Raspberry Pi 3 B is quite a bit faster than the Pi2B Either should run GCS. The addition (built in) of WiFi and Bluetooth should be great for a GCS project.
Turnigy Talon Carbon Fiber V1
Generic 2212 motors 1000kv
1045 props
Revolution (BG)

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2016, 12:37:59 am »
Is ti possible to compile for raspberry?

Mateusz

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2016, 09:40:58 am »
The Raspberry Pi 3 B is quite a bit faster than the Pi2B Either should run GCS. The addition (built in) of WiFi and Bluetooth should be great for a GCS project.

Both Bluetooth and WiFi are rather short range. On the top of that WiFi might be 2.4G which is often used by RC radio control systems. Saying from own experience, camera using WiFi was triggering often fail-safe to my FrSky 2.4G connection. Disabling WiFi resolved the problem.

Besides that, running GCS on Raspberry sounds awesome. What I think would be even better, is to actually run RealTime kernel on something like Raspberry Zero and have firmware ported to it. That would open up a lot of possibilities.

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2016, 10:13:45 pm »
Yes wifi and bluetooth are shor range.. But what if we used the OPlink modules?;)