Stan

Spektrum DX7s and GCS transmitter set up on CC3D PROBLEM
« on: February 23, 2016, 07:38:00 am »
Hi

When I start I go to Vehicle set up and select HELI. In swashplate config I change it to 120 Deg 3 servo's then on motor outputs I change engine to CH 5, tail rotor to CH 4, swashplate outputs change servo W to CH 1, servo X to CH 2, servo Y to CH 3 and 1st servo to rear. I save this and go to transmitter input calibration and configuration setup change type to PWM and add all channels under numbers. Then start manual calibration after the warring note all the information I just put in goes back to what it was before and even if I move the sticks and switchers around no sliders move at ALL ?

What am I doing wrong ?   
Stan
Mthatha Transkei

daveapplemotors

• Helis rule
Re: Spektrum DX7s and GCS transmitter set up on CC3D PROBLEM
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2016, 11:58:54 am »
There is a bug in "Vehicle / Basic Settings" and Swashplate Leveling. Same as in OP a 'Jerry Save' is necessary on those pages.

If you save '3 servos 120 degrees' then they don't work. We learned to save '140 degree servos' and then save again immediately with 120 degree servos. That is one reason to use the Configuration / Output settings or System/ Actuator Settings to set swash limits and neutral. Another is that "Swashplate Leveling" moves the servos too fast which isn't bad in itself until one goes too far or the wrong direction. 

If you just can't get servos moving then take someone's UAV file or maybe my "Sample.uav" and modify it. I have had to do this a couple of times when servos stopped responding.

What kind of heli do you have?
Happy Landings!

Stan

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2016, 04:43:45 pm »
Thanks for the SUPPORT.       I have a Tarot 450 v2 with a DFC head, Orange R1020x receiver and all servo's are digital cyclic rotor star. I was able to complete the Swashplate leveling and saved it. But as you say I was hit by the bug and when I moved to INPUTS the three servos went mad going to max. After this happend I unplugged the batt and closed GCS. Looking for help on the web I found this "BUG" you mentioned on a YouTube Video and tried it but the same thing happend again in INPUTS. I have read allot you have mentioned about UAV's and have down loaded a few but for the live of me can not work out how to up load them to GCS. Would you be so kind and advise on "HOW TO UP LOAD UAV FILES" and how I could may be share mine as I am clueless with regards to this. 
Best Regards
Stan
Stan
Mthatha Transkei

daveapplemotors

• Helis rule
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2016, 06:47:25 pm »
Download one of the UAVs to Desktop for instance so you can find it.
Import UAV file (to your flight controller)
Export (from your machine to your computer) every day so you don't lose any work.
I name my files by month and day so that I can go back to yesterday or last week, etc. I save a lot of files that way but they don't take up much space.
good luck Stan
Happy Landings!

Stan

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2016, 08:53:50 pm »
I was able to up load a UAV file .Thanks for the advise. I even found my own file I sum how saved and have no idea how it happend. I up loaded Blakkie and can see all the values you have saved. I tried to change your settings to my set up but can't save it. It comes up with a red X in the save box. Not to be pain what now ? Will I be able to replace your data with what I need.
Thanks Again
Stan
Mthatha Transkei

Griphin

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2016, 02:56:59 am »
Gday Stan.  I'm very new to this too but I got my HK250 working with the help of others here.  I did have to do a lot of reading, youtube vid watching and experimenting with the software. 
If you updated the firmware you might have saved the old firmware and settings.  Also there is a lot of difference between heli set up. 

In the Output are you able to start the test and move the servo arms manually with the sliders?  Post some screen shots of what you see. 

I use a DX7 so my Input settings might work for you and I think you can select to Import just those. 

daveapplemotors

• Helis rule
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2016, 12:53:04 pm »
You can't save unless the ESC is disarmed. Maybe that's why you get the red X in the save box.

That's why I use "throttle off and pitch aft". I can arm and disarm fast. "Always Armed" and "Always Disarmed" are nearly useless.

I hope you get it flying soon.
Happy Landings!

Stan

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2016, 05:45:20 pm »
I got all the changes saved. And at last have coms between transmitter and CC3d ATOM. THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP.  I now know and understand the comment "If you don't put the time in then stay away". There is still a lot I have "fine tune" but one thing at a time.
Stan
Mthatha Transkei