virtual cc3d testing/simulator?
« on: February 17, 2016, 09:38:58 am »
hello.
is it possible/realistic to develop a cc3d simulation program wich uses a connected cc3d board and transmiter to fly in a virtual enviroment to train and test settings? like a summulator but directly connected to the cc3d board and its settings.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
Re: virtual cc3d testing/simulator?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2016, 05:31:42 pm »
There is already Sitl/Hitl feature for simulation, this allow code testing for autonomous flight for example.
But what you want is simulator for training, not really the same.

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2016, 07:10:56 pm »
yeah exactly but also for testing settings and such, Is it possible to develop such thing. The idea I have is that you ccould connect your quad and have the simulator react the same as your quad in reality when you run the simulator training program. Im not good at software and I dont know if it would work but it would be a nice feature for sure. Even if a dev was intrested in develop something like this I would Think it wwould be far down the priority list as its not thjat neccisary. but it it a cool idea :)

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2016, 12:01:13 am »
You can fly a simulator of another model, but it is a different aircraft and feels different than your model.

To make it fly exactly like your model, your model would have to be accurately measured in maybe 50 different ways and code would have to understand the 50 different parameters.  Each motor thrust, total weight, rotational moments (how much inertial to spin it on each axis), throttle setting to thrust curve, motor lag function curve, altitude you fly it at, temperature, humidity, linear and rotational drag (air friction) curves, battery voltage sag curve, power wiring losses.......... 

Man years of work.  :)

jbarchuk

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2016, 07:20:22 am »
Clearview is inexpensive because it includes only a small sample of the models available for it. The API is open and tons of other people have written planes for it. It's good for orientation training and poking holes in the pixel sky but not incredibly realistic -because- of the reasons described by TOC. http://rcflightsim.com and the other planes and API with some instructions on how to use it are under the User Models link.

QC102

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2016, 11:58:25 am »
Better still if one could test / tune PID's   - which  seem to be beyond my brain capacity.