Re: New here and new to multirotors
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2016, 06:44:22 am »
They do work together in attitude. Although Im not clear how. And if you tune rate first you may not need to touch outer loop. Set inner loop in rate mode.  Then seperately on the same settings bank just change the flight modes from rate rate rate manual to atti atti axislock manual. And if it twitches when it goes back to level when you give quick roll or pitch inputs lower outer loop P gain. And that usually about does it.

I don't think mirroring the settings is a thing.  Tune them seperately. Innerloop First in rate mode.  Then switch to attitude and just tune P for outer loop if it's bouncy when you move it. Just leave outer loop I at 0.

I think that's right. Maybe somebody more knowledgeable can correct me or back me up.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 06:52:07 am by NicholasDavid »
5" alien 4s 596grams with battery and GoPro FPV
Lantian LT210 4s 604grams with batt and GoPro FPV
GE X220 4s 6" 513grams with batt and HD cam FPV
Homemade acro X copter. 6" 4s - like a warpquad LOS

« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2016, 10:33:16 am »
Ive only been flying and tuning in addtiude mode..i tried rate once and it was very hard for a newb like me to fly. How does one tune rate only if you cant fly it yet lol. So you think i should set the outter loop I gain to zero?

It appears to be flying ok. But i never flew one before so i dont know what im missing

Mateusz

« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2016, 11:51:22 am »
Ive only been flying and tuning in addtiude mode..i tried rate once and it was very hard for a newb like me to fly. How does one tune rate only if you cant fly it yet lol. So you think i should set the outter loop I gain to zero?

It appears to be flying ok. But i never flew one before so i dont know what im missing

The LibrePilot uses dual loop controller for stabilization. That means that when you are in attitude stabilization mode for chosen axis, signal from your transmitter goes first to outer loop (attitude), there it is compared with gyro and send to inner loop (rate).
When you tune rate (inner) loop, while flying in attitude mode your whole system is tuned, and you don't need to tune outer loop.
If you are in rate stabilization mode, signal from transmitter goes directly to inner loop (bypassing outer loop and disregarding it's values). Signal is compared then directly with gyro and passes to control. By tuning in rate mode, you don't take into account the settings of outer loop.

I am a newbie here, but I failed miserably when I tried tuning outer-loop, but tuning inner loop did the job for me.

« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2016, 04:33:01 pm »
It's hard to tune for rate if you can't fly in it. Bottom line....wait to tune rate mode
5" alien 4s 596grams with battery and GoPro FPV
Lantian LT210 4s 604grams with batt and GoPro FPV
GE X220 4s 6" 513grams with batt and HD cam FPV
Homemade acro X copter. 6" 4s - like a warpquad LOS

« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2016, 07:48:32 am »
The only thing i notice is when i roll left or right. It will auto level slower and still move in that direction for a bit.i think this is normal but as i said this is all new to me.ill get a video of it flying outside soon

« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2016, 07:43:22 pm »
The problem with using someone else's settings is that little differences in hardware can make a big difference in PIDs.
I would suggest saving what you have so you can easily go back to it, and trying stock settings.

Another thing is that vibrations can cause problems.  Make sure your props are balanced and track in the same plane (not an upper blade and a lower blade).

« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2016, 02:51:18 pm »
my props are perfect shockingly. i saved it as of now but my settings still seam off. i was trying to set up txpid and i got one channel to work with one of my potenometers. but i got a fs i6 rx and one spare channel is controlling the flight mode. when i try to disable the flight mode to use ch.5 to control another txpid instance. it wont work. so it seams i can only do one at a time. im gonna try to tune it in rate with the speed on degree/second to 70. one factor at a time...you think i should just redo the wizard and use generic quad settings? i selected a profile that was similar in motors and props and frame size

« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2016, 09:16:27 pm »
The first video seems to say that PIDs are probably about right, but are too high at high power.
TPS is the fix for that.  It reduces PIDs at high power and increases them at low power (helps with wobbly descents).

« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2016, 10:07:29 pm »
well i did save everything so i could go back worst case. :)

« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2016, 02:04:08 am »
well i got to txpid tunning today and this is the end result in rate mode with a slower response time..
i think its flying pretty good...next up to tune the outter loop for attitude mode.

video and picture of inner loop settings
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8HrS-OkvLU&feature=youtu.be