Profiles In Setup
« on: February 13, 2016, 05:03:05 pm »
When setting up my quad there is a screen that asks for the profile. I have my ZMR 180 set to Generic X Quad. Can I actually set it to ZMR 250 which is on the list?

Re: Profiles In Setup
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2016, 06:04:39 pm »
Yes. You may need to adjust pids a little but it would be a good place to start

Mateusz

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2016, 06:45:13 pm »
When setting up my quad there is a screen that asks for the profile. I have my ZMR 180 set to Generic X Quad. Can I actually set it to ZMR 250 which is on the list?

As long as frame/motors/props are close to yours, it should fly better than generic. You might want to fine tune later on. Every build is kind of unique, might differ in weight etc.. So those templates are better than generic but for best flight experience you still might want to fine tune later on if you feel so.

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2016, 07:37:12 pm »
I agree, use the zmr250 settings and probably have to turn everything down a little.  But the templates are better than the generic.
5" alien 4s 596grams with battery and GoPro FPV
Lantian LT210 4s 604grams with batt and GoPro FPV
GE X220 4s 6" 513grams with batt and HD cam FPV
Homemade acro X copter. 6" 4s - like a warpquad LOS

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2016, 09:44:27 pm »
But the templates are better than the generic.

Templates can be good at start but many has extended settings related to pilot's experience.
Most of them mixes multiple settings like Expo and Tps over multiples banks, that give extra complexity in my opinion.
I prefer start from scratch (after a wizard) and tune first using Easytune.
One parameter at once and adjust your own vehicle.... also better to learn how works.

Later the template can be used to store main settings locally.

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2016, 04:15:28 am »
That's interesting I did not know that. I use the templates for the main PID's depending on the frame and pretty much nothing else.find a default setting that is smooth.  I disable Tps and set my own expo, then get three identical banks tuning at once setting the gains the old school way off thoes defaults. Land change fly land change fly. Usually a couple batteries about has it dialed in. Running 3 banks the exact same(except for the P I or D that I'm setting) get it done fast. I think it gives me a better tune by seeing my input number and feeling the difference rather than a slider pot on my TX and just setting that number when I land. Like by setting the number manually I can better visualize ,in my head at least, how each change I make effects the craft.
5" alien 4s 596grams with battery and GoPro FPV
Lantian LT210 4s 604grams with batt and GoPro FPV
GE X220 4s 6" 513grams with batt and HD cam FPV
Homemade acro X copter. 6" 4s - like a warpquad LOS