Larson

Speedster from HAB.SE
« on: July 29, 2015, 10:22:59 am »
I had the enormous pleasure to test the Speedster from HAB in Sweden. It's developed by Tomas Krejci and its a 250 frame with a pusher. The idea is to give the quad a "plane" feeling and to fly fast with a low energy consumption.
Tomas has done some real cool inventions on hes remake of an 250 quad, might post some more text and pictures later...

I love to fly it, it's like a kick in the but when activating the pusher...
:-P
The frame has very good flight quality without pusher and it's possible to take of the pusher chassis easily.

It's mainly made to fly fast and low in open areas.
Tomas hasn't put the Speedster in his web shop yet, he needs a building manual, I might help him with that soon...

I didn't figure out how to insert photos in the text so I put some photos as attachment...

Nobody remembers a coward...

Larson

Re: Speedster from HAB.SE
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2015, 09:09:01 am »
WOW! That looks pretty awesome. Can you change angle of the pusher or is it fixed or there may be an option in the final build ? One thing for sure it looks very interesting and promising.
Customer FPV Quad Studio
http://ScratchBuilds.com

Larson

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2015, 09:11:18 am »
The pusher is in a fixed position, very tight between propellers.
I'm updating mine to 4S at the moment.

Larson

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2015, 09:31:48 am »
I liked it so much I am on my drawing board sketching. See if I can laser cut something to mount behind ZMR250. So how the pusher is wired? I am thinking splitting Throttle from Receiver using Y Servo Cable. One end to FC and other to Pusher ESC.
Customer FPV Quad Studio
http://ScratchBuilds.com

Larson

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2015, 09:36:47 am »
I have a separate throttle on the pusher with a button to activate the pusher, if I don't have at least 5% main throttle on te the motors I can't activate the pusher.
I wouldn't action the two throtte by a Y cable, the main mtrs is just to even the quad and the pusher gives the speed.

Larson