Olerc

Motor won't beep when connecting battery
« on: February 12, 2016, 06:50:35 pm »
I have CC3D openpilot. After I finished soldering everything I connected battery and it worked then but when I tried to go through openpilot wizard there is nothing I never get the beeps anymore. I have checked the soldering and circuits with a multimeter but I can't find any problem.

The first time I connected the ESC to the cc3d I put them in the wrong way, maybe this broke the cc3d? It seems fine with a green light and a blue flashing

Anyone got any ideas?

Mateusz

Re: Motor won't beep when connecting battery
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2016, 06:59:49 pm »
ESCs beep disregarding you have CC3D connected or not. If they don't I would check ESCs. Do ESCs have small led that lights up ? Are they getting powered ? If ESC don't have reverse polarity protection, and you connected battery wrong way they will fry, if they do have a protection and you did connect battery wrong way, they will not work (no beep).

I don't think there is anything wrong with CC3D if you can connect to it via USB. Also ESCs are not sending anything to the flight-controller, they only receive, so connecting them wrong way, shouldn't in principle cause any harm. Unless you connected battery the wrong way.

P.S motors usually don't beep, unless they have built-in ESCs ;-)
« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 07:05:57 pm by Mateusz »

Olerc

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2016, 07:08:07 pm »
ESCs beep disregarding you have CC3D connected or not. If they don't I would check ESCs. Do ESCs have small led that lights up ? Are they getting powered ? If ESC don't have reverse polarity protection, and you connected battery wrong way they will fry, if they do have a protection and you did connect battery wrong way, they will not work (no beep).

I don't think there is anything wrong with CC3D if you can connect to it via USB. Also ESCs are not sending anything to the flight-controller, they only receive, so connecting them wrong way, shouldn't in principle cause any harm. Unless you connected battery the wrong way.

I didn't connect the battery wrong and I get 12v to all the ESC's, but they have no light that I can see. They get a bit warm

EDIT: I meant esc calibration beeps. Anyway I went through the wizard now and I got the beeps this time but now they won't stop beeping and the motors isn't spinning
« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 07:16:29 pm by Olerc »

Mateusz

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2016, 07:31:22 pm »
I didn't connect the battery wrong and I get 12v to all the ESC's, but they have no light that I can see. They get a bit warm

EDIT: I meant esc calibration beeps. Anyway I went through the wizard now and I got the beeps this time but now they won't stop beeping and the motors isn't spinning

If ESCs are not stopping to beep that usually means, they are connected physically to flight controller and powered from battery, but they don't receive any pulses from the flight controller.

Olerc

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2016, 09:01:22 pm »
I got through it don't know how, thanks :)