Re: I lost it :(
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2016, 10:17:12 pm »
The dys linker should do all of them. I've never even seen one of those crazy square plug thing that you hold over the chip, or for sale. GetFPV has another small usb esc programmer that claims to do both. I have both but have only used the DYS one. On DYS sn20/bl20 escs.  I think as long as your using blheli suite and your linker claims to do both Simonk and blheli flashing over the servo lead you'll be fine
« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 03:06:57 am by NicholasDavid »
5" alien 4s 596grams with battery and GoPro FPV
Lantian LT210 4s 604grams with batt and GoPro FPV
GE X220 4s 6" 513grams with batt and HD cam FPV
Homemade acro X copter. 6" 4s - like a warpquad LOS

Mateusz

« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2016, 01:22:16 pm »
The dys linker should do all of them. I've never even seen one of those crazy square plug thing that you hold over the chip, or for sale. GetFPV has another small usb esc programmer that claims to do both. I have both but have only used the DYS one. On DYS sn20/bl20 escs.  I think as long as your using blheli suite and your linker claims to do both Simonk and blheli flashing over the servo lead you'll be fine

Hey David,

DYS SN20 are using Atmel mcu http://www.readytoflyquads.com/bl20a-mini-esc-blheli-oneshot which can have either SimonK or BLHeli firmware. That works with Dys linker.
I used Afro ESC linker to program both BLHeli or (with SimonK bootloader and BLHelli bootloader) ESCs using servo wire, both were also Atmel.
However I had no luck programming ESCs Litebee 20A with SiLabs chip trying the same Afro USB Linker.

I also thought it's the same protocol.. but I was told it won't work and that I need linker specifically for ESC with SiLabs chips, to program them over servo.

If someone, can confirm it is possible with USB linker for Atmel chips to program specifically LiteeBee ESC with SiLabs chips, that would be interesting for me to know.
Thanks,

« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2016, 09:52:11 pm »
I contacted hobbyking support regarding my dht module and send them a video on the range problem. they told me it was indeed clearly faulty and has now sent me a new DHT module and also a new v8fr-ii reciever for free. still at loss but atleast it feels alittle bit better now. Im waiting on a littlebee usb linker too, the dys linker wont work as you told me so I orderd the correct one.

Mateusz

« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2016, 11:22:25 pm »
I contacted hobbyking support regarding my dht module and send them a video on the range problem. they told me it was indeed clearly faulty and has now sent me a new DHT module and also a new v8fr-ii reciever for free. still at loss but atleast it feels alittle bit better now. Im waiting on a littlebee usb linker too, the dys linker wont work as you told me so I orderd the correct one.

Nice of them that you get at least some of items back :)

Littebee usb linker will work, at least works for me. Afro (Atmel linker) I use for other older ESCs I have on other copters. Don't forget to order lost plane alarm.
I use this http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__36295__Signal_loss_Alarm_Lost_Plane_Finder_EU_Warehouse_.html
and this power board
http://www.banggood.com/Matek-LED-POWER-HUB-5in1-V3-Power-Supply-Board-BEC-5V-12v-Low-Voltage-Alarm-Tracker-p-1019353.html

but I found also another interesting option (havent tried this one)
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__83329__Turnigy_3_In_1_Battery_Monitor_Signal_Loss_and_Lost_Airplane_Alarm_EU_Warehouse_.html

« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2016, 07:54:56 am »
I have ordered led and 3 in 1 alarm already, waiting on alot of orders right now. Im doing a 120amp setup with 65-130c batterys so I wont use a PDB, I will use a 2.5 Square mm Cable harness. also got a 5 volt bec and a 12v bec (for FPV) on order. Im afraid a PDB would fry under 120 amp load, It will probebly even heat up the Cable some.

Mateusz

« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2016, 09:15:58 am »
I have ordered led and 3 in 1 alarm already, waiting on alot of orders right now. Im doing a 120amp setup with 65-130c batterys so I wont use a PDB, I will use a 2.5 Square mm Cable harness. also got a 5 volt bec and a 12v bec (for FPV) on order. Im afraid a PDB would fry under 120 amp load, It will probebly even heat up the Cable some.

Great about 3in1. To me rebuilding or building is a part I enjoy as well.
I've never used 12V regulator, my cams like this one http://shop.runcam.com/runcam-pz0420m/ run on 5-17V so I would probably be fine even with 4S, but haven’t tried that, just 3S.
If your transmitter and camera can work with 12V, maybe you dont need weight of one more bec. But be sure before trying, not to fry it :)

« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2016, 07:58:03 pm »
Yeah I enjoy building too its half the fun!
I got a camera with 12 volt max, tx can take 4s no problem but still could burn the cam with 4s without the bec. its not that heavy, I think its under 10 grams and Im gonna have atleast 1.5 kilos of thrust so it wont be a problem. Im using 2250mah batterys too so it wont be the lightest quad. bare frame is 150 grams...

« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2016, 09:39:05 pm »
I did some weight calculations based on info on banggood and the total weight of the quad with all onboard gear lands on 460 grams minus battery and Cables, I Think it will be abit lighter than that but we will see about that :)