LP 15.09 Stack Error on REVO
« on: January 27, 2016, 10:46:26 am »
Hey Guys

I'm seeing Stack error on my REVO (genuine not clone) after upgrading to LP 15.09 and hence can never arm. This is what I've tried in my troubleshooting effort. Any suggestions welcome.

- Upgraded REVO from OP 15.02 to LP 15.09, including full erase.
- After completing the vehicle and transmitter wizard I noticed that after I saved anything, I would see a Stack alarm.
- Reboot, go to hardware tab, save without making any changes, Stack alarm would return.
- Reinstall firmware, erase again, complete wizards again, stack error remains.
- Undeleted my OP GCS 15.02, downgraded firmware, erased.
- Used LP 15.09 again, upgrade again, full erase, ran wizards, Stack alarm would return.
- Went back to OP GCS 15.02, downgraded firmware again, erased, ran wizards, no stack alarm and REVO happy (arms without issue)
- Downloaded OP GCS 15.05.02, upgraded firmware, erased, ran wizards, no stack alarm

Thoughts?

« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 11:31:13 am by marksull »

f5soh

• LibrePilot
Re: LP 15.09 Stack Error on REVO
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2016, 01:44:52 pm »
That strange.

Can you send your config file when you got the stack alarm ?
File > Export UAV settings

Or better: Help > Export UAV data ?

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2016, 04:58:03 am »
Attached are both files while the Revo is reporting Stack error. Before I started these steps the REVO was running 15.05.02 and would arm without error.

To recreate the problem I did:

1) Started LP 15.09 (Mac OSX 10.11.3)
2) Plugged in REVO
3) Started Vehicle Setup Wizard
4) Upgraded AND Erased all settings
5) Board was automatically identified as REVO
6) PWM
7) Multirotor
8) Quad X
9) Rapid ESC
10) OpenPilot Platinum
11) Calculate
12) Went through the ESC Calibration process
13) Calibrated all motors at the same time (although doing it 1by 1 makes no difference)
14) Generic Quad X
15) Save
16) Wait for the controller to reboot
17) Finish (don't do the Transmitter setup wizard, although doing it still presents with the same issue, so I am just saving some time)
18) Go to GCS Flight Data tab, note that all is Green except input (as we haven't done it yet)
19) Go to GCS Configuration tab, HW Settings and just click Save (no need to change anything)
20) Go to GCS Flight Data tab, note the Stack error

As a further test:

21) Power off quad, and power up
22) Go to GCS Flight Data tab, note that all is Green except input (as we haven't done it yet)
23) Go to GCS Configuration tab, HW Settings and just click Save (no need to change anything)
24) Go to GCS Flight Data tab, note the Stack error

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2016, 07:52:13 am »
Thanks for the detailled report :)

I can't reproduce the alarm but the System stack goes very low. In your case 8 bytes remaining !
Value for memory size was not updated since some time.

Try the firmware attached and all should be fine, you can update the firmware manually using the "rescue" method.

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2016, 10:54:32 am »
Thank you, that has resolved the issue. No more stack error.

For my own interest, what issue was fixed in the firmware that resolves my problem?

Appreciate your time.

Cheers!

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2016, 03:00:52 pm »
Increased memory size allocated to System module same as RevoNano.
From 1024 to 1536bytes.

You can check the TaskInfo > TaskRemaining values in UavoBrowser

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2016, 03:55:37 pm »
Fantastic. Thanks for the info and the quick turn around. Appreciate your time.

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2016, 11:19:28 pm »
@f5soh (@marksull)

If you can't recreate the issue from the uav file, it makes me wonder if the user should erase settings and import the file like you did, maybe the issue would go away.  Maybe it is a corrupt/full/slow settings flash storage issue.

aa8mc

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2016, 02:05:25 am »
Hey guys, just a heads up I reproduce this exact same issue in my F450. 

@f5soh have you committed the FW change to the next branch.  I am working on building it to I can try out the I2C mag as you recommended on another thread.  Haven't done the upgrade yet still working on building my dev environment but I'm wondering if this has been resolved.
F450 Quad Clone
Outrunner1000KV Motors
HobbyWing FlyFun 30A ESCs
1045 Props
Telemetry via OP Link
FlySky FS-i6 transmitter w/ 10 channel mod
Sparky2 Flight controller
HobbyAce UBLOX 6M GPS
Running LibrePilot next branch
MinimOSD
FlySight Spexman FPV Goggles
Floureon 5500mAh LiPos

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2016, 07:13:52 am »
Just now, merged to next :)

aa8mc

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2016, 08:16:54 pm »
Awesome, I'll pull, rebuild and report back!
F450 Quad Clone
Outrunner1000KV Motors
HobbyWing FlyFun 30A ESCs
1045 Props
Telemetry via OP Link
FlySky FS-i6 transmitter w/ 10 channel mod
Sparky2 Flight controller
HobbyAce UBLOX 6M GPS
Running LibrePilot next branch
MinimOSD
FlySight Spexman FPV Goggles
Floureon 5500mAh LiPos

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2016, 01:29:33 am »
Hi guys, looks like I have found the same issue like @marksul. The Stack Error appear on REVO with fw 15.09 only.

I tried to pull the most up-to-date next, rebuild and reflash. Revo works okay - no Stack Errors at all. But the problem appear when I try to reflash my OpLink Mini (Coordinator) with the latest, rebuilt fw for that board. Looks like - that after the reflash and reconnecting my OpLink - the OpLink button is missing from the Configuration tab. The latest pull (next) affects only OpLink - my Revo works without any issues.

Trying to fix the connectivity issue (between Revo and OpLink) I can apply one of the following scenarios:
1. Downgrade both boards to 15.09 - then the radio link works fine (binding and telemetry transmission ok), but I quickly get Stack Error on REVO, or
2. Downgrade OpLink to 15.09 and Revo to 15.09 (dirty) - build made by @f5soh. In this scenario I'm losing radio link (between Revo and OpLink) because or fw version mixup. Binding procedure cannot be completed because OpLink (coordinator in this case) doesn't see my Revo.

Hope all of this make sense. Base on the information I gathered I can exclude hardware malfunction, or configuration mixup. This mean I need a error-free, compatible firmware files for both boards. Can you guys help me with fw rebuild so all firmwares will be compatible and without Stack Error?

Cheers, Fil

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2016, 10:56:45 am »
In this scenario I'm losing radio link (between Revo and OpLink) because or fw version mixup.

Hi,

The firmware do not have issues if you use it with other Oplink 15.09 firmware.
UAVO are the same.

If you want to build something you can compile the next branch:
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/Windows+Building+and+Packaging

« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2016, 03:12:02 pm »
@f5soh, thanks for coming back. I understand what did you say, my problem is related to the "next" build. I built firmware files for Revo i OpLink - version "Next", reflashed the boards and I can still recognise the boards, they work okay until I try to configure OpLink. After the reflash and reconnecting my OpLink/Revo - the OpLink button is missing from the Configuration tab (see the attachement).

I'm using GCS Mac version 15.09. I tried to build GCS from the "next" branch but I found some errors along the way and gave up. Would be great if you could build the Mac version of the GCS for me. Do you think that the missing OpLink button is related to the fact that my GCS in 15.09 and the FWs are Next?

Maybe you could introduce like a weekly builds (full package, GCS and firmware files) - it's been awhile since you released 15.09.

Thanks, Fil

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2016, 04:36:44 pm »
Ah...
You simply cannot use "next" firmware with 15.09 GCS.

Sorry i don't use Osx. Linux all time and windows in VM for builds.