d2lu

XJT/X8R no communication with CC3D [RESOLVED]
« on: January 21, 2016, 11:28:07 pm »
Hello everbody,

First off, I'd like to thank (if they see it) all the contributors who resurected openpilot with librepilot.

Here's my QAV250 radio setup before I get to the problem :

• Turnigy 9xr PRO mode 1, setup as mode 3
  • FrSky XJT/X8R
  • CC3D
  • opentx-9xrpro v2.1.7 , 2016-01-05 OR ersky9xr r219

Okay so before I got this new radio, Tx and Rx, I used a radio in PWM mode. Beside the radio being crapy it worked fine.

So now I tried to use the fancy s-bus option that comes with the new parts I got without any success (same goes for PPM). The whole wizard setup works fine (esc neutral point etc) except the radio wizard in mode 3 (moving throttle isnt detected)

First, I did a succesfull bind between XJT and X8R (mode 5 , D16, CH1-CH8), led on Rx is bright green and Tx is green blicking and red steady. Radio "complains" when I shut off the Rx.

Then I got LibrePilot and flashed the new FW + settings reset, went through the wizard, setup the protocol as PPM in case sbus is faulty (setup the radio protocol as PPM too) and launched the radio wizard, set it to accro, mode3 and nothing when it comes to detect the channels.

When I tried the s-bus setup I did the same except for protocol ofc.

The last thing I'm waiting to try is to update the firmware on both Tx and Rx but I'm waiting for the cable to arrive.

VoilĂ , I think I gave all the informations I could and I really have no clue about what's wrong here, any help would be really appreciated.

Thank in advance guys.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 12:23:15 pm by d2lu »

d2lu

Re: XJT/X8R no communication with CC3D
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2016, 11:39:38 pm »
UPDATE: ok so in PWM it works (connected w the 6 servo cable to the CC3D) but I still don't get why it wont work in sbus.

Any help is still appreciated !

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2016, 12:40:07 am »
So are you using one of the two 4 pin serial cables that came with cc3d to connect to the RX. Leavin one cable unconnected because you only need the 3. Is it plugged into the flex port next to the usb plug?  The wizard should automatically detect it if in the wizard you select the futaba/sbus reciever type.

If this is the case then it's got to be something with a mode 1 radio setup as mode 3 and the cc3d needs to see that mode 1 setup cause that's what it expects to see. Set it up in true mode one and see if it works. Then later through the radio switch the channels around.

I do know in the Taranis, mode 2, x4r running s-bus on my cc3d. 2 different copters the channels are numbered as 1:throttle 2:ailerons 3:elevator 4:rudder in the radio. Everything is pretty much plug and play. Or should be. Especially with FRsky.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 12:58:31 am by NicholasDavid »
5" alien 4s 596grams with battery and GoPro FPV
Lantian LT210 4s 604grams with batt and GoPro FPV
GE X220 4s 6" 513grams with batt and HD cam FPV
Homemade acro X copter. 6" 4s - like a warpquad LOS

d2lu

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2016, 09:45:04 am »
Thanks for your answer NicholasDavid.

Yes I do use that cable, I removed the 3rd cable (Tx) so I'd have 1,2,4 connected to the s-bus.

But what's odd in your answer (not saying your wrong !) is that you suggest me to plug it on the flex port where I've read everywhere else you have to plug it in into the main port and set mainport=s-bus in open/librePilot on the board config tab. But as a good little sheep I never tried to switch port...
And yes the wizard indeed setup automatically the mainport with s-bus when I choose futaba s-bus.

I'll try to use flexport aswell as mode1 after work. Thanks for you help.

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2016, 01:23:55 pm »
When looking at the top of the board, with the usb facing you it the port on the right. I may be confused main/ flexi port. It's the port just to the right of the usb. Also you shouldn't have to set anything up before hand the ground control station and the wizard should automatically detect it's sbus. If your in the right port and select the futaba/sbus option when picking reciever type

d2lu

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2016, 01:48:07 pm »
Yes I've been using main port (to the right of the usb port) for s-bus since the first attempt.

I also do use the cables given with CC3D, as mentionned i removed the wire #3 (one labeled as Tx). And to be sure the cable wasn't faulty I also used the spare one without luck.

I'm just done trying what you suggested.

I launched the wizard, set "s-bus futaba" when the protocol was asked, the board rebooted, then I went through the wizard (selecting the right ESC but bypassing the rest for now) and launched the radio wizard, in "mode 1" as you suggested (with the radio set to mode 1), with no luck.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 12:21:54 am by d2lu »

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2016, 09:41:27 pm »
So you tried the transmitter wizard in mode 1 and mode 3?  Have you tried a manual calibration on the "input" tab?

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2016, 09:53:44 pm »
The RC mode just change the Rc transmitter animation when doing the Tx wizard.

Can you post some pictures ?
Wiring / CC3D ?

d2lu

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2016, 12:56:39 am »
The RC mode just change the Rc transmitter animation when doing the Tx wizard.

Can you post some pictures ?
Wiring / CC3D ?

Sure, here is a pic of the whole setup.
The Rx led is a bit faint but only because of the flash.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2016, 01:40:25 am »
Try monitoring the receiver activity, go to System tab > UavoBrowser
Search for ReceiverActivity and check if something change here when you move sticks.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2016, 01:50:13 am »
Missing component ?

Looks like the U6 (XOR gate) is missing ?

d2lu

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2016, 03:41:04 am »
Missing component ?

Looks like the U6 (XOR gate) is missing ?

I think you've got it f5soh ! On this url @banggood, there's a clear pic of another CC3D board with the missing component present ... http://www.banggood.com/fr/OpenPilot-CC3D-Flight-Controller-STM32-32-bit-Flexiport-p-937044.html

Thank a lot for taking the time to look into it.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2016, 10:50:31 am »
Main port can't work with this component and is the only place for Sbus.

Replace board :)