OSD telemetry data loss with REVO+OPLINK
« on: January 11, 2016, 01:27:54 am »
Hi, first sorry for my english translated by Google;).

I have a "revo banggood" micro OSD and I Oplink flights.
My problem:
When I lose the links with Oplink revo, telemetry data is not transmisse the OSD.
Information is frozen on the screen with a message "No Tele Data"

As soon as I find a connection between Oplink and revo, the Telemetry working again.

The tests were done during the failsafe settings (there are no casualties except my bed lol).

My first test:

Procedure:
1/ I starts the revo but not Oplink. => Telemetry data is ok

2/ I start the Oplink. The connection between Revo and Oplink is established => telemetry data is ok

3/ I cut the Oplink, so the link between Oplink and revo is disabled => telemetry data is stop and "NO TELE DATA" in my glasses fpv

4 / I restart Oplink. The links between Revo and Oplink is ok. => Telemetry data is ok

My second test:

Procedure:
1/ I starts Oplink but not Revo. => Telemetry data is no ok (it's normal ;))

2/ I start the Revo. The connection between Revo and Oplink is established => telemetry data is ok

3/ I cut the Oplink, so the link between Oplink and revo is disabled => telemetry data is stop and "NO TELE DATA" in my glasses fpv

4 / I restart Oplink. The links between Revo and Oplink is ok. => Telemetry data is ok

the problem seems to be that in the case of use of Oplink.
I have a nano with the same micro osd but I use a receiver FrSky DR8XP but not Oplink. During failsafe test, I do not have a loss of telemetry data.

Regards

Re: OSD telemetry data loss with REVO+OPLINK
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2016, 05:28:39 pm »
That is a known issue with OSD.  The problem is that OSD gets data as it is transmitted.  If transmission stops, the pipeline that feeds transmission and OSD stops.

I don't have an OSD yet.  This issue may be fixed in current Librepilot version, but I don't know.

What version are you running?  Old OpenPilot?  Latest LibrePilot?

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2016, 08:13:53 pm »
Hello, thank you for response.
I use the version of LP 15.09.

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2016, 05:41:12 pm »
Hi all,
Same issue than you with OSD when telemetry link is lost. (LP-15.09)
By the way I did not see any ticket logged on Jira about this issue.
Maybe i miss it?
Rgds
Patrick