ASEMS

Arming and help please
« on: January 07, 2016, 05:35:38 pm »
Firstly I apologise for the basic nature of my questions but I am totally new to this hobby.  I do not understand half the terminology used and I have spent hours searching internet.  So I have set up everything and gone through the wizards but no matter what I do I can not get my revo board to arm.  The motors spin in response to the controller if I set it to always armed but if I try the standard 'yaw right' and save it, nothing happens, it will not arm.  I am using a flysky i6.
Also can anyone tell me what the led indicators on the revo board are for and what they should do if everything is ok I seem to have a flashing yellow light a flashing blue light and a solid green light.
Thank you

f5soh

• LibrePilot
Re: Arming and help please
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2016, 05:46:39 pm »
Hi, welcome.

If Revo can't arm you should fix issues first and avoid the 'Always Armed' feature.

Take a look here for systemHealth:
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/SystemHealth

and click on [ ? ] to see more info about config errors.

hwh

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2016, 06:13:50 pm »
The green led is just power.  The blue led is called status on the schematics and the "yellow" (it's supposed to be orange but it looks yellow on my revo clone too) is called warning.

This page http://opwiki.readthedocs.org/en/latest/user_manual/revo/leds.html shows what the various blinking patterns mean but for some reason that author lists our yellow/orange led as red. Maybe various people building revos and revo clones have used orange (the official color), yellow, and red led at times for the warning led.

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2016, 02:08:00 am »
You should try setting your flight mode switch to only have Attitude flight mode on all positions until you have all the GPS stuff set up right.  Only use Attitude flight mode if you are a beginner.  Walk before you run here.   :)

ASEMS

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2016, 07:23:24 pm »
Thank you for the replies, I can now arm the revo.  I have spent hours reading the wiki and this forum and the more I read the more I realise I have such a lot to learn.  Is there a very basic guide to the revo for numpties sorry should be noobies !!!!

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2016, 05:17:59 pm »
Sorry for your pain.  Documentation for all the nooks and crannies is usually a problem.

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2016, 06:27:07 pm »
hi guyz
recently i upgrade my cc3d and from now on i use librepilot frimware. :)
but i have a little problem with arming, i can't use the FC until i change the arming stting to "always armed".
i have this problem from OP frimware and it is migrated to LP. :)
can anyone help me to solve my problem?
any help would be appreciated.
tnx

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2016, 06:31:17 pm »
Witch alarm when you look at SystemHealth ?
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/SystemHealth

If you can't arm there is something wrong with your config.

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2016, 07:38:06 pm »
"input" shown in orange but tri fly with out any problem!
but i can't arm it and always use the "always armed" feature.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2016, 09:30:06 pm »
Orange input means the receiver is not powered.

Try arming with main battery connected and connected by USB to GCS and see what appends.

Post your config file here: File > Export UAV settings

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2016, 03:16:57 pm »
here you are:

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2016, 06:57:25 pm »
After loaded your config file: When you look at SystemHealth you don't see the Red config alarm ?

Click on red [ ? ] close to config alarm: that tell you there is something wrong with flightmode.

Next step, go to Input tab > flight modes and check whats wrong.

See where you set a "Manual" for Yaw axis: replace with "Rate" or "Axis Lock": Stabilized 2, Yaw

Set the arming mode to Yaw right for example and now you can arm.

Another issue, you should set PWM rate in output tab.
For bank1 (Green) and bank2 (Cyan) set to 490Hz and should be file for the 3 motors outputs. If flied using this settings, it should be horrible for stabilization.

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2016, 05:32:28 am »
TNx bro, i dont know why i didn't pay attention to that alarm!
now it's work like a charm.
for your other suggestion, ....
i have dualsky 30A ESC and a digital servo for the yaw(gotech), someone told me if i put those high values, it could damege all of my component. are u sure there is no problem with high values?
tnx again

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2016, 01:29:28 pm »
i have dualsky 30A ESC and a digital servo for the yaw(gotech), someone told me if i put those high values, it could damege all of my component. are u sure there is no problem with high values?
tnx again

You should only take care about the bank3 (yellow) that refers to your servo (output4).
If digital you can put PWM/333Hz

I repeat: bank1 and bank2 set to PWM/490Hz, you should notice changes about stability / reactivity :P

If you followed the Wizard all those setting should be set correctly.