Yaw not recognized in input setup
« on: January 07, 2016, 05:18:55 pm »
While trying to do an initial setup of my CC3D in the wizard, the yaw input is not recognized. Has anyone else seen this and if so, is there a way to help it recognize the yaw input from the transmitter?

mazevx

• Still Learning ...everday
Re: Yaw not recognized in input setup
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2016, 10:05:41 pm »
Did you set the correct channel for yaw input? Check the input tab and if its set correct try the wizard again and make sure that you hit the save button.
Had to do this twice just a few minutes ago...

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2016, 10:41:03 pm »
Thanks for the reply.  I should have mentioned I have a DX6i. Channels not really assignable. I was working my way through the wizard just fine, the lat input test is yaw and that's where the wizard stalls at it is looking for a rudder stick movement it is not seeing. The input tab shows nothing assigned, but I thought that's what the wizard is supposed to do. Not my first quad, but the first with programmable chip. Any advice would be appreciated.

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2016, 11:06:09 pm »
Here's where it gets really frustrating.  I can see in Google that this issue was addressed in the Open Pilot forum "CC3D Open Pilot - GCS input setup not detecting yaw stick movement". However, since I can't join or access that information it is a real pain.  If anyone has Open Pilot forum access and could see if there is some help for me in that thread I would appreciate it. (Yes connections and channels have been checked)

hwh

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2016, 11:30:33 pm »
Sorry, no one has access to the openpilot forum, it doesn't exist anymore.  The only openpilot server that's still online is the www one and it hasn't been updated in months. The forum and wiki are just gone.  Google and Bing search results will continue to show them for another month or so believing that they're just down temporarily and then they'll delete them.

If you really want to see what was said there there's a chance that archive.org has archived the page.  Take the url that google says the page was and put it into archive.org.   I've had reasonable luck with that, successful perhaps half the time.  And google has text only caches of most of the pages that you can click somewhere near the end of the url in the search results and ask for the cached page.  It's worth a try anyway.

That said, the people who founded librepilot and hang out here were the top experts at openpilot (in my opinion anyway) and if there's any way to fix your problem they'd be your best bet.

edit:  I just ran a search for what you said and neither google nor archive.org have that page cached.  Still, in general my advice above gives you a chance to find a copy of the information.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 11:41:30 pm by hwh »

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2016, 02:16:08 am »
If there were no ?known? issue, here is what I would try.

If you are using PWM inputs, it sounds like your yaw cable is bad or plugged in the wrong place.  You must successfully complete the transmitter wizard before doing anything else really.

I would start with plugging a servo into the receiver yaw channel and see if it works.

I don't own a DX-6i, but start with a factory default fixed wing aircraft model, not a heli, etc.

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2016, 04:00:19 am »
I had the similar issue with my impulseRC alien build. I just switched both my quads over tonight(1-8-16)15.09. The Emax went without a hitch. The alien was a struggle during the transmitter setup part. I must of tried 10x or more to get it to recognize the three pos flight mode switch on my Taranis running sbus. But I persisted and eventually I exited the TX setup and disconnected, reconnected and started the TX setup again.  It worked! I'm thinking it has to do with when you give power to the RX. Like if you leave it plugged in from the esc and motor calibration or unplug it after the motors part and then replug for the TX setup part. Not sure about any of this though. Just my expirence.
5" alien 4s 596grams with battery and GoPro FPV
Lantian LT210 4s 604grams with batt and GoPro FPV
GE X220 4s 6" 513grams with batt and HD cam FPV
Homemade acro X copter. 6" 4s - like a warpquad LOS