Acro or Heli on TX for Quad?
« on: January 03, 2016, 11:32:49 pm »
I'll soon be building my first Quad. I'll be using my "old school" Spectrum DX7. I know most say that the TX should be in Acro Mode, but I've seen some dissenting opinions on that. If configured in Heli for "1 servo", there is no swash mixing and I tested this on an airplane and it seems to be fine. With the DX7 this gives you the option to adjust the throttle curves and "throttle hold" as a panic button if crashing. I did see a write up that if configured in Acro, there is a way to create 6 flight modes, But at my point, to have throttle curves, seem more usefull............what say ye

Re: Acro or Heli on TX for Quad?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2016, 08:38:34 pm »
That all sounds quite acceptable.

For a panic button I prefer flight mode switch all the way to one end to be Attitude mode.  If you have a GPS, you can even make it position hold (does low throttle stop the motors though?).

Actually, if you have a GPS you might just as well set up RTB as a cure for all problems.  Be aware though, currently RTB will jump horizontally straight toward Base, without climbing first.  I am entering a Jira to "fix" that and the slow speed that it has when travelling to Base.