Motors Stop
« on: January 02, 2016, 02:12:17 pm »
I have an issue with stability in flight.

On bench testing without props if raise one side of the quad two if the motors will stop.. should they stop or just slow down?

occasionally they struggle to restart so i'm assuming thats what causes the crashing ..

f5soh

• LibrePilot
Re: Motors Stop
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2016, 04:02:12 pm »
This is a normal behavior, when you bank board to one side the opposite motors can stop, especially if the throttle is low.

Your motors should not have any problem for starting, if struggle to restart look into Esc parameters or consider a hardware issue.

APF

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2016, 04:29:15 pm »
In the settings->output there are sliders where you may set the minimum pulse width needed to keep the engines running (at least that's what I assume these sliders are for).
I don't know anything about the inner workings of the software so I can only assume that the PWM output to the individual ESCs will never drop below that value. But give it a try.

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2016, 11:08:40 pm »
min and max are what is used during esc calibration
neutral is not in the middle !   It is the lowest reliable setting that keeps the motor spinning.  This must be set correctly.

take props off !
the settings -> output page has a test button at the bottom that makes the outputs live.
adjust the sliders so that each motor is spinning slowly
turn the test off
save the settings

If you feel that doesn't keep the motors running fast enough, do it again, but add a few to each neutral number.

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2016, 11:41:26 pm »
I had almost the same problem with my motors. I solved it by re-programming each cheap simonK flashed ESC with my transmitter (the peep, peep,... programming thing) - my quad/ESC was not connected to librepilot or cleanpilot. The factory settings didn't work for me.

Maybe this link (German forum) can help you, it helped me.

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2016, 12:54:23 pm »
Just as an update - IT FLYS... yippeee

I re-did the ESC calibrations manually and moved the motor spin settings up 20 whatsits.

Now it fly's ok - had two good flights at the weekend - now for GPS....