daveapplemotors

• Helis rule
15.09 works in my helis--YAY
« on: December 31, 2015, 02:01:13 pm »
I am happy to find this forum. I am glad someone is going forward. It was quite a shock to be "left an orphan" on the Open Pilot forum when they said no more heli updates and then again when they just closed the site. There are some good people that I would like to get to this forum to share their insights.

I tried the latest version (15.09) but the channel assignments are wrong and maybe more. I have two HK250s that fly well with Nano boards and another friend's Trex 250 that I am in the final stages of flight tuning. It has some pitch oscillations. I tried version 15.09 but went back to 15.02.

Does the latest version work with a CC3D Nano board?

[Edit] 15.09 is loaded onto all 3 250 helis. It has a better GUI than 15.02. And the data looks about the same but goes in differently--when you import an Open Pilot file pay attention to the data that won't import. Those data you must input into the UAV or the System files or use the GUI. 

I have been flying a CC3D HK250 since last April and it works really well.

thanks,
Dave

Attached are two good 250 files. I am still working on a problem with the other one.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 03:50:15 pm by daveapplemotors »
Happy Landings!

daveapplemotors

• Helis rule
Re: How to get 15.09 working in my helis
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2015, 10:03:35 pm »
Is there a place to share UAV files? maybe I could look at one that someone is using to fly...
Happy Landings!

daveapplemotors

• Helis rule
Re: How to get 15.09 working in my helis
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2016, 07:25:41 pm »
CUDOS to whoever fixed the firmware page. It is easy to use. I upgraded to 15.09 easily. The problem was that  I couldn't import all my Open Pilot settings. Some are not in a compatible format. I will do some file editing to get Stab settings and they should be good to go. hopefully. 

I got both HK250s and the Trex 250 set up in Libre Pilot. Yay.

I will post some UAVs for you guys as some as I get some more data into the UAVs.

Happy Landings!

daveapplemotors

• Helis rule
Re: 15.09 works in my helis--YAY
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2016, 01:49:08 pm »
Here are three uav files. I know that two fly well: Blackie and Amarillo. DJ250 still has some pitch wobbles. although roll and yaw are great. I have everything set in "Rate" and use "Axis Lock" on the tail.

I have 6 flight modes set up on my DX7S and am trying to learn more about Vbar, Weak Leveling, Rattitude and Acro+ . Cold and snow on the ground has slowed research. Flying soon...

I used someone's HK450 uav file to get started because the heli GUI doesn't work and neither did importing OP data.
Happy Landings!

Re: 15.09 works in my helis--YAY
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2016, 01:20:17 am »
It's good to see some heli guys getting this working!