Jeffro

cc3d in Eachine 250 racer
« on: December 31, 2015, 01:52:32 am »
I just got my first quad from Banggood yesterday and can not get the cc3d to update firmware. I have tried open pilot and lebre pilot both and will not connect to the board and that I have to have to manually upgrade the board using the uploader plugin. Is there something wrong with the cc3d or is there another program I need to do this step. Any help appreciated.

Re: cc3d in Eachine 250 racer
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2015, 02:18:38 am »
What have you tried?
You have to have the board unplugged>then press upgrade> then the just above the status bar it will tell you to plug the board in> then wait till it is finished rebooting

Jeffro

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2015, 02:32:08 am »
I have done that and it comes up that i have to manually upgrade using the uploader plug in  and it wont go past that step.I have tried the rescue tab on the firmware page and its like it dont recognize the board.the green led stays lit all the time and the blue one flashes real fast when it starts the upgrade and then makes a sound like you pulled the usb plug our and then the program times out. I am not real computer savvy and have never programed a flight controller  but all the videos on youtube goes like a breeze but i cant get past the first step. THanks Jeffro

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2015, 10:04:57 pm »
Ok, I was hoping that this was not the case. I have read about some people having to reinstall a boot loader with Arduino software. My understanding of a boot loader is that it is a very basic firmware that tells the hardware how to load and use the larger Libre Pilot firmware. Most boards come with the boot loader already on them, as mine did. I have not had to do this myself but I have seen info online from others that have. I am confident that you will be able to download the file and the Arduino software easily. Hopefully that is all that is wrong and you don't have some kind of hardware issue. If you don't want to bother with all this or of your concerned that you may not be able to solve it, and if you can afford to. Buy another CC3D from a different seller to have as a backup. Be advised they range in price from $20-$65 and can be different colors. If cost is not as much of an issue maybe get a Revolution. They are the same size, but are more expandable. Hope this helps   

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2016, 10:53:18 pm »
It sounds like the update starts and then it fails.  Could be bad board or bad power.  Some USB power is poorly regulated, especially on laptops.

I recommend that you unplug, press rescue, plug it in, add more power like flight battery to ESC to servo connector on FC, then try upgrade or flash.