LP2Go with OPLink Mini
« on: January 24, 2022, 11:20:37 pm »
It seems that the Main port of my Revolution board is damaged, it doesn't recognize the GPS. So I connected the GPS in the Flexi Port (GND, VCC, TX, RX), then connected the OPLink mini to my tablet with USB and everything seems to work OK with LP2Go.

However, as I have a GPS with compass, I want to try a different config: PPM+GPS in the FlexiIO port (GND, VCC, RC (5), TX (7), RX (8)), and connected the Mag to the FlexiPort with I2C protocol (GND, VCC, SCL and SDA). In this case, LP2Go doesn't work in my tablet, it display a "Warning: UAVO problem: Check OPLink connection and/or try reducing the serial link speed. FC UAVO Version: 00000000. LP2Go UAVO Version: 086dc116".

I have configured the Receiver Port (PPM+GPS), USB HID Function (USB Telemetry) and FlexiPort (I2C), and FC and OPLink are properly configured with the same parameters as receiver/coordinator: Link Type: Data, Max.Chan: 250, Min Chan: 0, Max Power: 100, Com Speed: 57600.

Any help ? thank you in advance.

Re: LP2Go with OPLink Mini
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2022, 12:33:14 pm »
I haven't used LP2Go so my advice is general.  For me to help, can you do this stuff on a PC with GCS, to get it working and later move to LP2Go?

MainPort broken:  Use a magnifying glass to look for bent pins inside the tiny connector on the Revo.  I have had this happen twice.  I have corrected it by:
- using a #11 Xacto blade (very thin and pointy) to start straightening the pin
- then using very thin needle nose pliers to clamp on the pin to finish straightening it out

"Com Speed: 57600"
This is serial link speed, but I would think that you want to increase it if anything.  You may try changing the number of mag packets though.  This is how to do that using GCS:

First enable Meta Data this way:
Click: system page -> view options (eyeball picture)
Enable: show metadata

Then:
(In System -> Data Objects)  The packet send rates and send modes for AuxMagSensor, MagSensor, and MagState can be changed from whatever they are set to now.  (In Meta Data) The important things are Mode and Flight Telemetry Update Period.  Flight Update Periodic must be enabled for the Flight Telemetry Update Period to work.  Maybe you just need to enable a UAVO being sent if they are not currently being sent?  Which one(s)?

Some Meta Data modes are not good to enable on some UAVOs.  For instance, FlightUpdateOnChange is not good for mag packets which come at 75 per second (or e.g. gyro stuff which comes at 500 per second).

(On System page) After changing a thing, highlight it by single clocking on it, then press the red up arrow at the top of the screen (Save) to make it permanent (Revo must be connected for this to work).  Remember the old metadata values that you changed; there is no single "reset to default".  To reset all metadata to defaults, you can do "Export UAV Settings", "Erase Settings", then "Import UAV Settings".
« Last Edit: January 25, 2022, 12:38:21 pm by TheOtherCliff »

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2022, 12:03:03 am »
Thank you, TheOtherCliff. Following your first advice works!! I have increased the baud rate to 115200 in both Revo and OpLink MIni, and now I can get the LP2Go working. Now I face a  couple of additional problems:

In the PC version of LP: In the System Health widget, the status of GPS alternates between red, meaning it work but there is no fix,  and black with a red cross, meaning that there is no GPS. I have checked the wiring is good.

In addition, the I2C box is solid red, and shows a critical warning: "I2C Port is working, but there are acknowledgement errors". The MAG box is black.

Any ideas? Previoulsly, I had the GPS connected to the Flexi Port (with no mag), and the GPS worked corretly.

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2022, 06:34:59 am »
In the PC version of LP: In the System Health widget, the status of GPS alternates between red, meaning it work but there is no fix,  and black with a red cross, meaning that there is no GPS. I have checked the wiring is good.

Previously, I had the GPS connected to the Flexi Port (with no mag), and the GPS worked correctly.
Red X means bad hardware (wiring, GPS, power, etc.)
Red block means OK, but no fix yet.

Are you running stock GPSSettings?  Baud rate too low might do this.  No data going to GPS (one bad wire) might do this.

Put it back on Flexi Port with original Flexi settings that worked and see if it still works.  Look for bent pin in Main Port connector.

In addition, the I2C box is solid red, and shows a critical warning: "I2C Port is working, but there are acknowledgement errors". The MAG box is black.

I thought (I may be wrong) that mag box black means mag not configured.  Do you have it set in both places (Hardware:FlexiPort=I2C and Attitude->Magnetometer: AuxOnly, Flexi)?

If all setup correctly, then you probably need some I2C pullup resistors.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2022, 02:01:23 am by TheOtherCliff »

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2022, 11:08:22 pm »
Hi, Finally I have everything working: GPS in flexiIO (configured as PPM+GPS), Mag. in Flexi port (I2C), and the Revo connected to the tablet via OpLink.

The problem was with the GPS device, I inherited it from a friend, and it is damaged, he confirmed that he had a big crash, even I could see the ceramic antenna cracked... I replaced it with a M6N, soldered new cables, and it goes well. I am using as well a current-voltage sensor in the power port.

Definitelly the Main port is dead, I think that it is powered, but the signal cables doesn't transmit anything, that is the reason because I choose the config. above.

Thank you , TheOtherCliff, for your help and support.

Now the fun begins...