mikmas

Doesn't see cc3d hardware
« on: January 01, 2020, 02:41:03 pm »
After upload firmware from OpenPilot hardware became dead. I tried everything (also other firmware and bootloaders like ) in any combinations but always the same - librepilot can't detect hardware. Rescue option see it but this is the only trace of life:

NO-LINK, on right-bottom corner there is no "USB: CopterControl" only "Connections: Serial: COM1". Nothing changes after reconnect. Any ideas?

Sorry for my bad english.

PS. 5 level anty-bot security?! Really? -.-
« Last Edit: January 01, 2020, 07:28:49 pm by mikmas »

utoedter

• Frickeln und mehr
Re: Doesn't see cc3d hardware
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2020, 06:34:39 pm »
Try the rescue procedure.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk Pro

mikmas

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2020, 07:29:55 pm »
Have you even read my post?
Quote from: me
Rescue option see it but this is the only trace of life: <image>

utoedter

• Frickeln und mehr
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2020, 11:44:52 pm »
Well my apologies, my mistake. The bootloader is shown, but it seems it can’t bring the board into the recover mode.  I never had the problem so far, but the screen shows, you can open a firmware file. The firmware file you can download from librepilot website, that may be a option. Normally it’s bundled with GCS, but in this case you need the .bin file.

If that won’t work, you can try to recover the bootloader with a ftdi Adapter, there is a link in the Wiki how to get a unprogrammed CC3D alive.

Dronin GCS (he said jehova) may also work, to bring the board back to live and overwrite it then with librepilot.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk Pro

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2020, 07:58:48 am »
I see from your screen capture that the firmware you have loaded is 15.02.02.  You must use OpenPilot 15.02.02 GCS to talk to that.  You can't mix different versions of GCS and firmware.  If your only problem is that you have mixed versions then all you need to do is install a matching firmware using the Manual "Upgrade and Erase" method on this page:
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/LPDOC/pages/5669026/Firmware+Tab#FirmwareTab-Manualmethod

Or you could find an OpenPilot 15.02.02 GCS download and use that.

If that doesn't fix it...
What does the LED do?  Slow fade on and off or normal blinking or something else?
Where does the "Manual Method" "Upgrade and Erase" fail?

If that doesn't work, then try this with matching versions of firmware and GCS:
- unplug board
- press Firmware->Rescue button
- it will tell you to plug the board in to USB, so plug it in
- press Firmware->SafeBoot button
if that works, then you just have configured something wrong, like moved telemetry off of USB onto MainPort, so it isn't talking to you normally.  Doing a Rescue with EraseSettings might fix it.  Of course be aware that you will loose your settings if you do this.  If that is important, ask about it.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2020, 07:01:00 am by TheOtherCliff »

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2020, 05:01:03 am »
New post since I changed my previous post.

I see that you are using 15.02.02 firmware.  You can't mix different firmware and GCS versions.  Do manual upgrade and erase as in previous post.  Note that there are special instructions to follow or it won't work.