Zrisst

Re: Post your Videos!
« Reply #90 on: November 24, 2015, 05:40:50 pm »
After the video from Wagsy I feel pretty small... but I'm proud any way. I completed my first full "googles on" flight. Taking off from a desk and landing (safely) in the RWY. Nothing special in the footage except for the music... If you like Iron Maiden... just turn it up ;)

« Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 06:37:27 pm by Zrisst »
Algunos salían a buscar la inmortalidad con tanta intensidad que no volvían.
Antoine de Saint-Exupéry (de los pilotos de prueba).

xpantz

« Reply #91 on: November 24, 2015, 11:17:36 pm »
Tons of space on the family farm in Western Australia...fly as high and far as you want.

Imagine crashing your copter "somewhere" in that wheat field... and then trying to find it.

One of mine crashed into about a hectare of meter high grass.  Video went out and I had to ditch.  No buzzer, didn't have my DVR running, I thought I knew exactly where it was, but no.   I spent at least an hour walking back and forth across the area and didn't find it.  I finally gave up and left but came back later in the day and found it pretty quickly.  Zero damage and even the battery ejected and disconnected so I didn't even lose that.

Flying over long grass is good for crash damage but make sure you have a way to find it.

Wagsy

• Rotorpix
« Reply #92 on: November 25, 2015, 07:00:02 am »
Zrisst, I remember the first time I did FPV, scared the shit out of me.
Just keep at it, then try rolls in Rattitude mode, then move onto Manual modes to have full control.

Yes always a risk for sure in grass and stuff.
I figured if it did go down, the boys in the headers would find it.
If the battery stays on (two straps plus velcro) I can also use the Taranis to locate it.
I could also put the Phantom 3 up and float around for a look.

cato

« Reply #93 on: November 25, 2015, 08:56:37 am »
Hi Zirrst,

I am currently in the process of getting comfortable with FPV. I remember my first flight, it was simply scary, as what I heard and what I saw were not in tune. At the moment I don't dare to fly any acro, and with the weather getting worse it may be a while until my first flips and rolls in FPV.

But as soon as you are a bit comfortable, flying in FPV is simple joy, and is definitely a lot easier than flying LOS. Also I found that I like rate very much in FPV, while in LOS I still prefer (r)attitude, as my brain still has a lot to work with the direction changes. The main challange is that the image is only 2D, it is difficult to have a precise estimation of distances.
Nighthawk 250, MT1806, 12A ESC OneShot125, Revo, M8n GPS, FPV
Cinetank MKII, Elite 2216, 30A Afro OneShot125, Revo Clone, M8N GPS

Zrisst

« Reply #94 on: November 25, 2015, 10:18:27 am »
I fly more or less fpv using a 7" monitor, but in a different way; I mean, I fly a video shooting hexa platform (a DJI 550 with EagleTree Vector FC, DYS/Basecam32bit gimbal etc).
But always T/O and land and fly in near field visually, and in far range I use Loiter or Cartesian modes (GPS assisted modes similar to VelocityRoam) never more than 20º banking or pitching; so no need to have references, no low altitude flight, and many times RTH with autoland for coming home.
So, there is not the first time I do FPV, but the first I do it with goggles, T/O and land and fly low altitude without GPS assist.
But felt in love with been inside a miniquad :)
I hope I'll post soon my first onboard video doing rolls.
Algunos salían a buscar la inmortalidad con tanta intensidad que no volvían.
Antoine de Saint-Exupéry (de los pilotos de prueba).

Wagsy

• Rotorpix
« Reply #95 on: November 29, 2015, 03:16:49 pm »
Took me forever to do my first roll and then it took ages before I got to manual flying.
Ratitude is good to get you going into the rolls though.
Just keep at it and you will naturally progress, O... and you will crash a lot :-)

But now ACRO+ is the only way to fly.
Stopped here today to carve up this little section of beach.

« Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 03:28:24 pm by Wagsy »

xpantz

« Reply #96 on: November 29, 2015, 11:14:58 pm »
Now that''s a beach.  Nice one.

I should move up there. :-)

ArnhemAnt

« Reply #97 on: November 30, 2015, 11:24:28 am »
If you like Iron Maiden... just turn it up ;)

Nice choice of music. I love Iron Maiden.

Well done on your first full flight with goggles. Let the good times roll.
If you do what you need, you’re surviving. If you do what you want, you’re living.

ArnhemAnt

« Reply #98 on: November 30, 2015, 11:27:33 am »

Would love to jump on a plane an spend a week flying with you over there.
They have direct flights from here.
Bring a Phantom 3 too as it shoots stunning video, but boring as to fly.
I call it Cappuccino flying when I fly it, you can sip on your coffee while you float around up there.

Cheers.

You're welcome up here dude. Why not make it happen? I've got a couple mates (juz and helliyeah) arriving in less than a fortnight. Keep an eye out for the videos.

I know what you mean about the Phantom. I had to fly one for my RPAS certification....
If you do what you need, you’re surviving. If you do what you want, you’re living.

« Reply #99 on: November 30, 2015, 03:21:47 pm »

Many thanks to liftbag for the help with this build.

ArnhemAnt

« Reply #100 on: November 30, 2015, 10:18:12 pm »
Lovely work^^

Another sweet rig to emerge from the workshop and get airborne. Not only is it a custom built octo, but the gimbal is also a custom build. Awesome.

xpantz

« Reply #101 on: November 30, 2015, 11:45:28 pm »
I love your work MrHeli4444.  That looks great.

Very individual, you should be proud of that one.

Wagsy

• Rotorpix
« Reply #102 on: December 01, 2015, 01:03:24 pm »
Now that is what you call a woody all right.
Great job, don't break it now.

Yes seem to be finding more locations all the time to fly here.
Will hit some falls soon.

Sounds like you are going to have a good time with those guys turning up in the NT, look forward to teh vids.
I just got back from WA break so have to miss this one out.
But will look at it in a few months time for sure.

Wagsy

• Rotorpix
« Reply #103 on: December 02, 2015, 02:58:04 am »
And so slowly learning new tricks, getting use to being upside down, quite strange just falling like that.
Will put the 6 inch triples on it.
4S 2250 on the back / 2000kv cobra motors and those Multiwicopter one shot 12 amp ESC's.
Just bit of jitter when the wind is up to tune out.

ArnhemAnt

« Reply #104 on: December 06, 2015, 09:47:02 am »
Last few flights edited. Nothing too special. Ironing out a few PID's with current LP on my QAV250.