MinimOSD Display - strange capacity
« on: May 01, 2019, 10:16:28 am »
Hi guys.
I finally managed to set up my MinimOSD, configured using the Revo in Combridge etc...
What I find strange is that where it should display the capacity (CA), it displays 25.02A (see attachment)...the battery is a 1800mA (not sure there are actually 25000 mA batteries for quads). So, I was thinking: is it possible that to get accurate capacity I need to have a current sensor?
My MinimOSD is only connected to the battery using the GND and Batt1 pins. Is this only used to get accurante voltage (I thought it would get voltage and current)?

Another concern: The number next to the "thunder array" symbol should be the battery percentage (or maybe I configured wrong...?). Why does is show the mAh consumption?

I did not upgrade any firmware, as I was not able to find any place to download it. Shall I update the firmware?

Thanks ofr your help!!

f5soh

• LibrePilot
Re: MinimOSD Display - strange capacity
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2019, 01:28:12 pm »
Hi,

If you want the energy consumed you need a current sensor.
Using a Revo the Voltage/Current sensor is usually connected to the Revo and give more space into the MinimOSD for extended features. (LP_All_From_Revo170818.hex firmware)
Your OSD shows the current, voltage and consumed mAh.

Firmware updates can be found here

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2019, 04:47:55 pm »
Thanks for the answer!
I'll add a voltage/current sensor to my Revo and flash the OSD then. Sorry, it seems I am just not able to read...I have been looking at the documentation for days and I never saw the links to the firmwares :(

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2019, 01:22:59 pm »
Can you fry anything by mistake while doing this?

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2019, 08:13:38 pm »
Broadly there are two categories of things when setting up voltage / current sensors.
- The wiring / soldering / connectors:  Here you can fry stuff by wiring / soldering it wrong but generally if you buy a voltage / current sensor that already has your connectors soldered correctly then you can't fry it because the plugs are all correct.
- The various firmwares and settings:  Here you cannot fry anything just by making a wrong setting.  Be aware that this is not true for all firmwares and settings on other hardware, for instance ESCs can be fried by flashing the wrong firmware.  Well if you make wrong settings, you might fly too long and drain the battery dead; that is about the worst I can think of.