wcfung

ATTI and STAB icons still shows red even GPS icon is green
« on: January 05, 2019, 02:48:02 am »
I am configuring a Revo board for autonomous flight (RTB, position hold etc) with GCS16.09. During learning, and trial and error, I came to know that when Attitude Estimation Algorithm is set to "GPS Navigation (INS13)", the ATTI and STAB icons will turn green only when the GPS has 3D fix.
Yesterday, not knowing what I did (only changing Home Location and Flight Mode settings, as far as I can remember), these 2 icons still show red even the GPS icon is green with 3D fix. Pls advise what did I mess up in the settings.

Also the Mag icon shows black. Even before the above happens, the Mag icon shows orange most of the time, turning green for short period of time. And the error message says the readings are off by over 5 %. I did the mag calibration successfully. How do I correct this ?
See attached screen capture on the health panel showing the red ATTI and STAB icons.

Thank you for your help.

Re: ATTI and STAB icons still shows red even GPS icon is green
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2019, 04:09:56 am »
Both GPS and Mag must be green for INS13 ATTI/STAB to turn green.

Also the Mag icon shows black.
Generally this is because you have AttiEstAlgo set to Basic (not INS13).  It could be some other reason, but not that I recall if it is just solid black.

Mag calibration happens continuously once you start it (not just when pressing the button 6 times).  Do not put aircraft on the ground or close to metal at any time once you start calibration.

wcfung

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2019, 06:56:15 am »
Thanks Cliff for the reply.
The culprit for the black Mag icon is, when I checked the Mag setting page, the Mag usage became "Aux only", instead of the default "Both", and Mag type became "Flexi", instead of "GPSV9". But I swear I did not change them. Weird.

After I changed the usage back to "Onboard" and type to "GPSV9", the Mag icon turns orange (off by more than 5%).
I then tried different values on the warning level, from the default 0.05 to max of 0.15, I finally settled down at the lowest value of 0.12 to get a steady green Mag icon. Once I get a green Mag icon, the ATTI and STAB all turn green (@INS13).
What is the significance of increasing the warning level to 0.12 from the deafult ? Pls share your opinion.

One last question, during the above learning process, the Config icon in the Health panel suddenly turns red, but it was green before. And I am quite sure I did not even go to the Flight Mode Switch Setting page after the Config icon was green. I just have no clue on what the conflict is on the config. Appreciate your comment.   

wcfung

Config error
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2019, 07:55:36 am »
Hello Cliff,

Further to my last eamil, pls find attached the setting on my Flight Mode Switch. Though I set up 6 flight modes, I only use 3, ie. Position 4,5 and 6. All the icons in health panel are green except Config and ? which are red.

AttEstAlgo is set at INS13. Pls review the attached flight mode switch setting, and I don't have wrong thrust mode, such as Cruise Control with rate on pitch/roll in any stabilized mode. No matter what setting I changed to (nealy all manual), the Config error still shows red.

I can't think of any relevant setting which triggers this error message. Pls help. Thank you.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2019, 11:17:40 am »
Remove "GPSAssist" with FM6 / ReturntoBase

and two "Manual" in Yaw axis : will be rate or Axislock for a Multirotor.

wcfung

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2019, 06:10:00 pm »
Hello,

Thanks for your help. I removed the GPS Assist in FM6, and chnaged to Axis Lock in Yaw axis in other flight modes, but still did not work. Pls see attached screen capture.

In fact, my previous settng was OK and I did not do anything on this page before I got the error message.

Will try to re-install/erase the firmware.

Let me know if you think of any way.

Thanks.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2019, 07:09:17 pm »
Still some "Manual" used for stabilization :

wcfung

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2019, 07:18:37 pm »
The attached screen capture shows no "Manual", and config is OK.

BUT, once I set RTB in FM6, there is config error. See another screenshot.

There are lots of constraints in the Flight mode setting.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2019, 07:27:36 pm »
RTB (and others GPS modes) need INS13 or similar.

There are lots of constraints in the Flight mode setting.
Nothing magic, simply highlight issues you can expect later (and no possible arming) if not displayed here.

** Additionally, setting "AltitudeHold" in all stabilization modes will not allow arming.

wcfung

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2019, 01:30:48 am »
Thanks. Have succeeded to set my preferred flight modes.