jtrout19

Re: Naza clone GPS support
« Reply #60 on: November 10, 2016, 07:35:41 am »
Well I purchased 2 of these today. I guess I will see what happens when I get them, The order has not shipped yet should I cancel it and just get the 39 dollar ones?

Well this post scared me so i went ahead and cancelled my banggood order and bought the one off ebay
« Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 07:45:22 am by jtrout19 »

Mateusz

« Reply #61 on: November 10, 2016, 07:45:54 am »
I would cancel and get one decent.

« Reply #62 on: December 17, 2016, 01:01:14 pm »
Hello all :)

I have 2 of this "NAZA GPS/Compass" Modules and want to use with my REVO.
Do anyone know this? I see that ony TX cable is connected. But i want to use I2C to use Compass and GPS. On Board are all chips i think for using I2C.

Is there anyone who is able to give me some "first steps" for testing ?

Price was 29 Euro .. i have the second for "present" cause the first was not fixed in shell :)

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #63 on: December 17, 2016, 01:40:58 pm »
Looks like this is a Naza GPs, no need I2C.

Mag data is send to board using serial protocol.
DJI protocol in Hardware tab or choose Naza GPS in Wizard.

You just need a JST SH 1.0mm connector and solder the wires:
Black to the pin1 (Gnd)
Red to the pin2 (+5V)
Yellow to the pin4 (Tx from Naza to Rx from board)

https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/GPS+setup#GPSsetup-GPSwiring
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/Revolution+Configuration#RevolutionConfiguration-FlexiPort

« Reply #64 on: January 18, 2017, 04:23:26 pm »
Yes it does :) Find enough satellites after cold-start within some minutes. (Aux) Magnetometer is available.

Thanks for support :)

trike_flyer

• If it was easy we wouldn't do it!!
« Reply #65 on: January 25, 2017, 02:43:13 pm »
I'm still tinkering with replacement firmware for the atmel version that I received but it probably won't be as useful as I originally hoped.  The Chinese makers are using Pawelsky's adapter Arduino code (literally the hex file he provides on rcgroups) but they're not burning the bootloader into the chip, just his code.  That means there's no way to install replacement firmware except with an Avr programmer and an adapter for the tiny non-standard connector pattern.

Did you have any luck with flashing a bootloader to the chip and uploading the V9 gps firmware to pass the gps module info on to the fc?

Just curios if you were able to work it out and if these GPS are better the the 6's?  Would be fun doing the change to it.

TF

hwh

« Reply #66 on: January 26, 2017, 02:25:18 am »
No, I abandoned it when I realized that it was really just for me because most people wouldn't be able to (or want to) make an adapter for the tiny connector on it and flash using a hardware programmer.

At the same time the street price of the real DJI Naza GPS lite dropped down to a reasonable level making even less reason to do it.  And the clones work pretty well, Cliff found some problems but he was running long tests.

For me the most annoying thing about the Naza GPS in general is they don't send the sats being used and their signal strengths the way the v9 does.

« Reply #67 on: February 23, 2018, 03:56:05 pm »
I am having a misterious issue with my NAZA lite FC and ublox M8N gps that i have bought from aliexpress. I have done so many tests and came up with a conclution that when there are phantoms and mavics flying around i get settelites for M8N gps module. Other than that when i try to fly my F450 alone on an open area if i keep it for 30mins even i am not able to get a single gps lock. I have tried 4 smartphones that day in that location gps enabled and maps app opened so it searches for location and retrives gps locks for those smartphones and suprisingly i am getting more than 6 gps leds on my NAZA flight controller. And when i off the GPS on the phones, i get 3red and 1 green led on my naza. Its like my M8N gps module doesnt lock itself on to setallites.
I could not understand why this happens on my ublox Neo M8N gps. Havent found any threads on a post like this. Have anyone tried smartphones or other gps based drones while flying to have a GPS lock on those faulty GPS modules they say.
Please do share your thoughts on this.

« Reply #68 on: February 23, 2018, 08:30:40 pm »
You may do better by raising this question on some DJI forums.

Other than maybe having bought a bad GPS...

If you have any transmitter (FPV, etc.) on board the quad, turn it off to see if that helps.  Also try in a place that doesn't have obvious sources of RF (nearby radio stations, military, power lines).

GPS signal will be worse where it can't see the whole sky, like between buildings or in a canyon, or indoors.

Your 5V power may be noisy.