Jhinta

« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 09:35:37 pm by Jhinta »

hwh

Re: Naza clone GPS support
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2016, 10:17:12 pm »
Same one as the picture you posted a little while ago and the same one I have.

If it doesn't see any satellites it doesn't matter which one it is.  If the blue led never blinks when it's outside then it's defective.  If it can see at least one satellite the blue led will blink once a second.  It's connected directly to the Ublox GPS module's time pulse output.

The RED led tells more about the fix (or not).  In this post the GREEN led is the same as the RED one on the clone GPS units, they used his firmware and design. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=30948019&postcount=259

Jhinta

« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2016, 10:52:12 pm »
Same one as the picture you posted a little while ago and the same one I have.

If it doesn't see any satellites it doesn't matter which one it is.  If the blue led never blinks when it's outside then it's defective.  If it can see at least one satellite the blue led will blink once a second.  It's connected directly to the Ublox GPS module's time pulse output.

The RED led tells more about the fix (or not).  In this post the GREEN led is the same as the RED one on the clone GPS units, they used his firmware and design. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=30948019&postcount=259

:-\ bad gps i think then, will try a other one ( any good aliexpress link?)

hwh

« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2016, 11:59:12 pm »
I don't know of any links in particular, your DJI clone is the first one of them I've heard was bad.   The seller should replace it if it hasn't been too long since you purchased it.

Jhinta

« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2016, 06:09:15 pm »
I don't know of any links in particular, your DJI clone is the first one of them I've heard was bad.   The seller should replace it if it hasn't been too long since you purchased it.

will do , but lets play   8)
so connected tx rx from ublox self, this is what i get -> note last lines ,, that keeps going like that on and on

dont know what it sould do ,, but not that right?

hwh

« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2016, 06:28:46 pm »
...dont know what it sould do ,, but not that right?
That's not even close to right at the top for a DJI gps, that's NMEA protocol output.  I'm not sure what the gibberish at the bottom is, it could be DJI type output.  Without a dump of it in hex I have no way of knowing.

Also, you're at 9600 baud, a DJI GPS never runs at that speed it starts and stays at 115200 baud.

Maybe they left a test program in the Atmel chip instead of programming the correct firmware before shipping.  These clones normally have Pawelsky's (from RCGroups forum) adapter firmware in them and never output any NMEA.  It normally has a clearly readable version message and half a dozen or so initializing messages before the binary DJI protocol stuff starts.

Jhinta

« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2016, 06:30:15 pm »
...dont know what it sould do ,, but not that right?
That's not even close to right at the top for a DJI gps, that's NMEA protocol output.  I'm not sure what the gibberish at the bottom is, it could be DJI type output.  Without a dump of it in hex I have no way of knowing.

Also, you're at 9600 baud, a DJI GPS never runs at that speed it starts and stays at 115200 baud.

Maybe they left a test program in the Atmel chip instead of programming the correct firmware before shipping.  These clones normally have Pawelsky's (from RCGroups forum) adapter firmware in them and never output any NMEA.  It normally has a clearly readable version message and half a dozen or so initializing messages before the binary DJI protocol stuff starts.

no no its serial out from ublox zelf not the atmel
seam like the chip is crashing orso, outputing error log orso?
« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 06:39:29 pm by Jhinta »

hwh

« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2016, 06:45:20 pm »
...no no its serial out from ublox zelf not the atmel
You soldered wires directly to the Ublox module on the GPS board?  That could be correct for that.

What matters is what the Atmel chip on the GPS board is sending to the computer.  Since you seem to be familiar with Arduino programming write a little program to read what the GPS board is sending through the cable to the flight controller.  It should be at 115200 baud.  When the GPS first powers up there are a few lines of readable version and initializing text and then it switches to DJI protocol binary.  If you dump the binary part as hex digits the pattern that starts each DJI packet should be recognizable, it's 55 AA.

Jhinta

« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2016, 07:24:21 pm »
have it working connected directly to arduino (for dump gps still not working !)
« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 07:41:50 pm by Jhinta »

Jhinta

« Reply #39 on: June 08, 2016, 08:01:49 pm »
...no no its serial out from ublox zelf not the atmel
You soldered wires directly to the Ublox module on the GPS board?  That could be correct for that.

What matters is what the Atmel chip on the GPS board is sending to the computer.  Since you seem to be familiar with Arduino programming write a little program to read what the GPS board is sending through the cable to the flight controller.  It should be at 115200 baud.  When the GPS first powers up there are a few lines of readable version and initializing text and then it switches to DJI protocol binary.  If you dump the binary part as hex digits the pattern that starts each DJI packet should be recognizable, it's 55 AA.

using realterm
ftp://jhinta.no-ip.org/Public/Librepilot/dump.hex
btw tested inside, outside needed?
« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 08:10:32 pm by Jhinta »

hwh

« Reply #40 on: June 08, 2016, 09:20:50 pm »
...ftp://jhinta.no-ip.org/Public/Librepilot/dump.hex
I haven't verified the checksums but it looks like normal DJI GPS output.  The shorter records about every 1/30th of a second are mag readings, the longer ones about every 1/4 second are the GPS ones, and the ones that occur every few seconds are firmware/hardware version ones.

We've mentioned several times it has to be outside, inside they don't usually work.

Jhinta

« Reply #41 on: June 08, 2016, 09:46:00 pm »
I know in my house where gps is working. But anyway.. Will dump out side

Verstuurd vanaf mijn LG-D855 met Tapatalk

Mateusz

« Reply #42 on: June 08, 2016, 10:05:48 pm »
I know in my house where gps is working. But anyway.. Will dump out side

Those guys above know what they're saying ;) GPS indoors is not giving good/stable coordinates, not only because of multipath reflections from walls which in case of patch antenna can give your meters of jumps in coordinates, but also because of poorer reception, it takes longer to update almanac which usually lasts only 5-6hours depending on super-capacitor on GPS so must be done outdoors. Finally indoors is just total NO go for external magnetometer also needed for GPS flight-modes.

Jhinta

« Reply #43 on: June 08, 2016, 10:19:52 pm »
I all know that info. If i take my older gps put it on in cold start i sould get 3a4 sat 3d fix when i just in my living room . just having my gps near my windows pop it to 10. If its correct i dont care in that case as its only for testing.. But now i'm just seeing nothing. Even if im inside 1 sat sould be working and if 1 sat sould work blue led sould be on witch its not

Verstuurd vanaf mijn LG-D855 met Tapatalk

Jhinta

« Reply #44 on: June 08, 2016, 10:45:39 pm »
...ftp://jhinta.no-ip.org/Public/Librepilot/dump.hex
I haven't verified the checksums but it looks like normal DJI GPS output.  The shorter records about every 1/30th of a second are mag readings, the longer ones about every 1/4 second are the GPS ones, and the ones that occur every few seconds are firmware/hardware version ones.

We've mentioned several times it has to be outside, inside they don't usually work.

out side log
ftp://jhinta.no-ip.org/Public/Librepilot/outside.hex