Any way to get more than 3 Flight modes? Revo
« on: June 18, 2018, 03:49:18 pm »
Afternoon all

I am running my Revo with a FlySky i6X transmitter.  SwC is a 3 position switch set in LibrePilot for my flight modes, but is there any way to get additional flightmodes using the other switches?

My current setup is:
Pos1: Stabilized
Pos2: Stabilized + Altitude-Vario
Pos3: Acro

I'd like to maybe use SwB to be a Return-home/auto-land feature (which i could set as failsafe option too) but i'm not sure how to do this.

Anyone else been able to unlock more flightmodes with just a 3 position switch?

utoedter

• Frickeln und mehr
Re: Any way to get more than 3 Flight modes? Revo
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2018, 07:11:01 pm »
With a 3 Position Switch you can have only 3 flightmodes. With mixing a 2 and a 3 pos switch you can have 6 flight modes. I have done it with my taranis Transmitter. Try to use mix the the 2 pos switch with 50% and the 3 pos switch with 15-20% and add both Mixer Parts.

Udo

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk Pro

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2018, 08:47:29 pm »
There is a cheat that you can do to get an extra position.  The cheat is that you get it by using failsafe when you switch your transmitter off.

Gotchas:
Be careful in that most transmitters won't transmit if switches are set strangely or throttle is non-zero when you power on.  Think about that.  To get control back, you must have throttle zero and FMS set to #1 when you switch transmitter on.  Also be aware that some brand / frequencies store the failsafe info in the transmitter and send this info infrequently.  This was more common before 2.4g transmitters.  If you switch transmitter on first, delay a little, then receiver, it may be a minute or two before the transmitter sends failsafe again.  If you then fly and switch transmitter off before the second failsafe transmission, the receiver never got it...

Given a working 3 position FMS setup, you first set failsafe channel (FC or RC) to force FMS position #3 (say 2000us) with other controls in the middle, then you adjust transmitter high endpoint for the FMS channel to move the POS#3 closer to the center (say to 1666us instead of 2000us).  Finally set LP FMS config to 4 positions and make POS#4 = RTB.

Test by watching GCS Input screen.  You should see the GCS FMS position move 1,2,3 when the transmitter FMS moves 1,2,3, and go to POS#4 when you switch the transmitter off.

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2018, 03:58:29 pm »
Ok, that makes sense, i'll give it a test this weekend and report back :)

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2018, 09:06:10 pm »
Right, i can make it 4 flight modes, and changed the mid and endpoint so that modes 1-3 register the correct switch position.  However, when i try to change the flight mode characteristics for mode 4, i get a config error

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2018, 11:19:49 pm »
Try setting #4 to Stab1 and it will probably work.  The problem could be that you don't have the GPS flight modes (such as Land) set up completely yet.  You must have a GPS and mag configured, AttiEstAlgo (Attitude->Settings) set to INS13, HomeLocation set.

Cautions again, if you have gotten lazy and sometimes switch your Tx off first, because that stops motors, remember that it may now start the motors up.  Your (my) laziness now needs to at least disarm the FC before switching the Tx off.  Also the previous warning about the transmitter not transmitting until the throttle stick is low and all switches are set "normally".
« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 04:45:45 pm by TheOtherCliff »

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2018, 11:48:10 am »
Thanks Cliff,

I've done this, and indeed gives me an extra flight mode and shows Config OK. I've set 3 and 4 as the same mode to test ReturnToBase, and will set 4 as the failsafe. Will test this failsafe next time i'm out to ensure it works.