Revolution: I2C Critical when set Max Power to 100?
« on: June 01, 2018, 08:02:23 am »
Hi all,
I have a Revolution Board from HobbyKing. I want to use Oplink as TX so I set the oplink type to DataAndControl. And the MaxPower is 100. Then I found that the I2C Notification become RED.
When I change the MaxPower to 50, the I2C is Green.
Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong.

Thanks for reading.

Re: Revolution: I2C Critical when set Max Power to 100?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2018, 03:32:30 pm »
That sounds like bad hardware (Revo), but ...

I had some strange problems when my telemetry antenna connector came loose, so assuming that you have a cheap telemetry/control antenna (which would cause the same problem), I would try a better antenna on a longer cable.  You could also try a 50 (47) ohm resistor (dummy load, simply soldered coax shield to center conductor, or even hot to ground on the board) for a test, in place of the antenna to see if the problem goes away with a good antenna.

I would also try a different / better / stronger power supply (ESC / BEC) at least for a test.

You could also add some stronger pullup resistors to the I2C bus (SDA and SCL), I would add them on the GPS/mag board.  Try something in the 2k to 4k range.

With 2 good, unidirectional antennas you should get at least a couple hundred meters telemetry/control ground test range on 1.25mw.