Hi,
I have a QAV250 with a cc3d flight controller and a D4R-II receiver with a Taranis X9D.  I built this quad a while ago and it was working fine, but then I was trying to set up flight modes and I screwed something up.  So, I went back through and did the vehicle setup wizard and it worked fine.  Then I went on and tried to do the transmitter setup wizard.  I clicked acro, mode 2, and then it came to the part where it says to move the throttle, roll, yaw, and pitch sticks.  It recognizes the throttle fine, but then it won't recognize the roll input.

Re: LibrePilot won't recognize roll input for transmitter setup
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2018, 12:07:49 am »
You can see if the roll signal is even being received.

Look in System->DataObjects->ManualControlCommand->Channel

You should see each channel change the raw pulse width as you move the channel.

As long as you have the correct type of receiver protocol setup, you can see things work here even if transmitter wizard is messed up.

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2018, 04:54:31 am »
Ok, so i went there and it says that throttle, roll, pitch, yaw, collective, and thrust are all 0% and under channel it says that connected is "false".  Obviously I'm assuming that it should say true, so how would I go about fixing that?  Also, none of the percentages next to the throttle, roll, pitch, etc are changing when I move the throttle, roll, pitch, etc sticks.

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2018, 05:07:45 am »
Is your receiver PWM?  Can you plug servos into your receiver and verify that is working?

Having mismatched PWM and PPM (like receiver is PWM and FC is set to PPM) can cause just one channel to be received.  Make sure you know what protocol your receiver uses.  Verify it and run the full wizard again.

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2018, 06:03:40 am »
I am not sure what my receiver is.  It is a FrSky D4R-II.  I do remember during the vehicle setup choosing PWM at one point.  Configuration -> Hardware, PWM+NoOneShot is selected for the Receiver Port.

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2018, 05:04:23 pm »
IIRC to set D4R-II to PPM you put a jumper on some of the servo outputs, without that it is PPM, but it may have "memory"?

With PWM, you must connect one connector per channel.  Do you have 5 or more receiver connectors connected to the FC?

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2018, 08:09:30 pm »
I attached an image of my setup.  The two black and one red wires are the only ones that go from the fc to the receiver.  There is also a connector with no wires on it on two of the pins of the receiver.  The four sets of white, red, and black wires are from the esc's and go to the fc.

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2018, 08:32:13 pm »
So that is your problem.  PPM (sometimes called CPPM) sends all channels over a single wire.  PWM needs a wire for each channel.  Your three wires are ground, power, signal.  That signal can either be a single PWM channel or all channels using PPM.

D4R-II only has 4 servo connectors (channels), and you really need at least 5 to use LP well.

Correct solution is to configure receiver to output PPM (it is only doing PWM right now) and configure FC to input PPM using LP GCS.  D4R-II uses a jumper on some servo outputs to tell it to put all (up to 8 ) channels on the single wire using PPM protocol.

I could Google it for you, but you can do that.  :)
« Last Edit: May 27, 2018, 08:37:22 pm by TheOtherCliff »

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2018, 09:21:33 pm »
Thank you so much!  I finally got it to work!  I went through the vehicle setup and set it to PPM and then went through the transmitter setup again and it worked!

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2018, 11:30:17 am »
So that is your problem.  PPM (sometimes called CPPM) sends all channels over a single wire.  PWM needs a wire for each channel.  Your three wires are ground, power, signal.  That signal can either be a single PWM channel or all channels using PPM.

D4R-II only has 4 servo connectors (channels), and you really need at least 5 to use LP well.

Correct solution is to configure receiver to output PPM (it is only doing PWM right now) and configure FC to input PPM using LP GCS.  D4R-II uses a jumper on some servo outputs to tell it to put all (up to 8 ) channels on the single wire using PPM protocol.

I could Google it for you, but you can do that.  :)

Yes indeed, It is very critical that the end user verify his/her Receiver Protocol before configuring anything on top of the board.