LP Glossary of terms
« on: December 15, 2015, 05:21:42 am »
This may seem stupid
I am not familiar with the meaning of many of the terms used in the setup pages for LP. I am new to quads, but have been flying helicopters for many years. Is there a page that will explain RATE, PID's, CRUISE CONTROL, INNER LOOP, ect. I have been reading posts in these forums trying to figure things out to help me with setup, but so far I am still confused. Does "Axis Lock" mean the same thing as Heading hold for a heli gyro? 
Thanks
« Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 06:42:54 am by RayRegan »

Re: LP Glossary of terms
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2015, 11:29:04 pm »
That is the sort of thing that falls through the cracks unless someone is willing to step up and take an ongoing ownership.

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2015, 05:38:40 pm »
I wish I could get some help with this. I would like to understand the changes that I am making before I try to fly again. I think PID'S are
Proportional
Integral
Derivative
These are seen together on the STABILIZATION menu under the ADVANCED tab. Now I just need to figure out which one does what, and how much is how much.

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2015, 08:27:01 pm »
There is a PID good article in wikipedia, but what most people do is use OpTune without understanding PIDs.  I would search on OPTune.

Next release will have a more automated version of OpTune called EasyTune which allows you to use as little as one knob on the transmitter to adjust PIDs for roll and pitch.  Fly it, tweak it till it is right.  Land and set it permanently.

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2015, 04:30:29 am »
I've lost where I ran across this now, but it answers some of your questions:

Meikel

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2016, 04:11:07 pm »
Here is another one but very easy to understand from a basic point of view