Sushmit

Need help with my tricopter
« on: April 12, 2018, 12:27:04 pm »
Hi there I have my quanum Trifecta Mini Foldable Tricopter Frame with 2212 1400kv motors with 6045 prop and 30A Blheli s dshot esc and analog servo.

I have used pwm so can't use blheli option during setup so I choosed rapid esc option and 50mhz servo.
I am powering it with 850mah lipo for test purposes.

The tutorial I have followed is
(to get videos to show you must use youtube.com link, not youtu.be)
« Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 04:21:17 pm by TheOtherCliff »

Sushmit

Re: Need help with my tricopter
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2018, 12:44:26 pm »

(to get videos to show you must use youtube.com link, not youtu.be)

Video of the problem
« Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 04:22:46 pm by TheOtherCliff »

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2018, 04:28:24 pm »
It looks like the tail is tilting in the wrong direction to stop the tricopter from spinning.  And the large amount of tilt is reducing the rear thrust.  I would fix the tilt direction and move the battery forward to begin with.

6045 prop may be a little small for 1400KV motors, but they sound higher than 1400KV to me.  I have used 8040 props for 1400KV motors IIRC.

When you run to high power in your hand, does it feel like it is trying to twist out of your hand (bad) or trying to oppose the twist of your hand (good).  If it tries to twist out of your hand, it seems you have some other control reversal besides the yaw.

You can use the Output page (Test Outputs) to run one motor at a time via USB cable.  Does the rear motor produce the same RPM as the front motors?  Please be careful and start with sliders all to motor off position!!! :)
« Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 04:37:31 pm by TheOtherCliff »

Sushmit

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2018, 04:39:52 pm »
It looks like the tail is tilting in the wrong direction to stop the tricopter from spinning.  And the large amount of tilt is reducing the rear thrust.  I would fix the tilt direction and move the battery forward to begin with.

6045 prop may be a little small for 1400KV motors, but they sound higher than 1400KV to me.  I have used 8040 props for 1400KV motors IIRC.

When you run to high power in your hand, does it feel like it is trying to twist out of your hand (bad) or trying to oppose the twist of your hand (good).  If it tries to twist out of your hand, it seems you have some other control reversal besides the yaw.

You can use the Output page (Test Outputs) to run one motor at a time via USB cable.  Does the rear motor produce the same RPM as the front motors?  Please be careful and start with sliders all to motor off position!!! :)
Well my rear motor was bad so I changed it and now it flys but it is not controllable as it does not responds to stick I five and just fly at one position. It responds slightly to the sticks when at full reflex

Sent from my Redmi 3S using Tapatalk

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2018, 04:51:21 pm »
You are already comfortable with testing in your hand, so the best test is to add just enough power to make it hover in your hand.  It should feel like it is very stable and will just lift out of your hand.

If it feels like it is trying to twist out of your hand, then you have come stabilization reversal.  It is critical that you find and fix this.

The order of the motors on the Vehicle page must be followed exactly and the ESC signal wires must be plugged in in the correct order and the CC3D must be mounted with arrows pointing forward and ESC connections on top side right side.

We are hearing reports that there may be some new CC3D that need different mounting though.

To check stabilization direction, look at "Flight Data" page.  Top left window pane shows view from inside the model.  No need to run motors, just check that it is level when model is level, that you see more brown dirt when you tip it nose down, and that the roll looks backwards, room tilts left when model tilts rightward.  You can also check that yaw/rudder rotation is in the correct direction on this display.

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2018, 04:55:22 pm »
Look here in this thread.  The guy has yellow case CC3D that seems to have different required mounting orientation.  Pay special attention to later posts by "f5soh".

https://forum.librepilot.org/index.php?topic=4231.msg28725#msg28725