Rookey

HJY3 flight thrust problem..
« on: April 10, 2018, 04:26:08 pm »
I've done everything and have done with the setup and all, now come to testing part the tail bldc motor isn't giving enough thrust to have a flight, whenever I increase the throttle it flips to other side.
Talking about PID later, can't even take this tricopter in flight  :-[ :-[ pls help.
What can be the problem? and how do I stabilize the flight of this tricopter.
Any help will be appreciated...
BTW, I've gone through this tutorial :-
« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 04:31:10 pm by Rookey »

Re: HJY3 flight thrust problem..
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2018, 06:30:34 pm »
It is either a power issue or a stabilization issue.

Stabilization problems can be:
- You must have "Zero The Integral..." ENABLED on the Configuration->Stabilization page
- Look to see that you have all the ESC signal cables plugged in, in the correct order, know which is #1
- FC mounted with arrow forward and ESC connections on the right side.
- Motors spinning in the correct direction AND with correct props on.  Two wrongs do NOT make a right.
- bad calibration
- bad setup where you changed settings from default values and didn't put it back (because someone told you to)

Power problems can include:
- mixed motor types and some have less RPM
- ESC calibration and motor neutrals
- weight distribution

If everything correct:
Be aware that this procedure will run the motors with the props on, get a USB cable long enough to do this or use telemetry.
Unplug battery.
Plug in USB cable both ends and run GCS.
Very carefully use Configuration->Output page.
Play with sliders to get the feel for it and keep it in the lower part of range.
Start with the sliders all the way down.
Plug the battery in.
Press "test outputs".
You are testing one motor at a time
Move a slider up very slowly till the motor spins, then farther until it lifts a little
Make a note of the setting where it lifts
Move that slider to the off position
Test all motors that way
Are all lift numbers fairly close, say within 10% or 20% at worst?

ESC calibration and motor neutral setting.  Do it once per aircraft / FC.
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/LPDOC/pages/12058743/ESC+Calibration
« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 06:40:44 pm by TheOtherCliff »

Sushmit

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2018, 12:32:01 pm »
I am also having same problem with my quanum Trifecta Mini

Sent from my Redmi 3S using Tapatalk

Rookey

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2018, 04:16:17 pm »
It is either a power issue or a stabilization issue.

Stabilization problems can be:
- You must have "Zero The Integral..." ENABLED on the Configuration->Stabilization page
- Look to see that you have all the ESC signal cables plugged in, in the correct order, know which is #1
- FC mounted with arrow forward and ESC connections on the right side.
- Motors spinning in the correct direction AND with correct props on.  Two wrongs do NOT make a right.
- bad calibration
- bad setup where you changed settings from default values and didn't put it back (because someone told you to)

Power problems can include:
- mixed motor types and some have less RPM
- ESC calibration and motor neutrals
- weight distribution

If everything correct:
Be aware that this procedure will run the motors with the props on, get a USB cable long enough to do this or use telemetry.
Unplug battery.
Plug in USB cable both ends and run GCS.
Very carefully use Configuration->Output page.
Play with sliders to get the feel for it and keep it in the lower part of range.
Start with the sliders all the way down.
Plug the battery in.
Press "test outputs".
You are testing one motor at a time
Move a slider up very slowly till the motor spins, then farther until it lifts a little
Make a note of the setting where it lifts
Move that slider to the off position
Test all motors that way
Are all lift numbers fairly close, say within 10% or 20% at worst?

ESC calibration and motor neutral setting.  Do it once per aircraft / FC.
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/LPDOC/pages/12058743/ESC+Calibration

As I checked now, I tried using "AlwaysStabilizedMode" in configuration> output. But they start spinning as I arm them using telemetry and couldn't stop them even i turn of my Tx.
then I tried not using them, then in Configuration> RC input, there I checked The throttle option the min throttle was 1200 and neutral was 1230, that means whenever I give min throttle through my tx the motors start spinning too fast (is this normal?) after then it flips without leveling the drone. I tried increasing the thrust of those motors where in the direction it flips but the problem is same.

what can be the problem then?
pls help i need to finish my 1st part of my project. Thnx

mr_w

• LibrePilot
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2018, 04:47:23 pm »
You should not use AlwaysStabilizedMode unless you plan on doing acrobatic stunts involving zero-throttle movements, and of course unless your craft is flying perfectly and is fully controllable.

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2018, 05:49:09 pm »
Quote from: Rookey(PM)
The problem I'm facing is whenever I increase the thrust it directly reaches to 1200, as minimum throttle for my drone to rotate is 1048 and whatever I do it doesn't change.

This drone supposed to be plug and play stuff and I don't what actually the problem is that I'm facing.
Pls if you could help me, I really would appreciate it, as this is my project and I can't even fly this drone yet.
Pls help. :'(

Directly reaches to 1200 or to 2000?  Even though 1200 is higher than normal, it should not fly at that speed, so it should not be a problem.

On the Input page, the Throttle channel should be something like 1000, 1040, 2000.  The middle (Neutral) value should be about 40 more than the Minimum.  If not, change the Neutral and press the Save button.

On the Output page, all the Motor channels (but not the Yaw channel) should be something like 1000, 1060, 1900.  If the Neutral is too far from Minimum, and if the Mode  (top of the page) for the motor channel banks is PWM or PWMSync, set the motors to this for a test.  Did you do the ESC calibration and motor neutral from link posted earlier?

When you try to actually get it into the air, does it always instantly flip over, or does it come up and hover, but at an angle so that it moves off fast?  A quick blip up and down of throttle will either make it flip over or jump up a few cm and fall back down.

Please post your settings file (File -> ExportUAVSettings...)
« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 06:16:23 pm by TheOtherCliff »

Rookey

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2018, 06:39:34 pm »
Quote from: Rookey(PM)
The problem I'm facing is whenever I increase the thrust it directly reaches to 1200, as minimum throttle for my drone to rotate is 1048 and whatever I do it doesn't change.

This drone supposed to be plug and play stuff and I don't what actually the problem is that I'm facing.
Pls if you could help me, I really would appreciate it, as this is my project and I can't even fly this drone yet.
Pls help. :'(

Directly reaches to 1200 or to 2000?  Even though 1200 is higher than normal, it should not fly at that speed, so it should not be a problem.

On the Input page, the Throttle channel should be something like 1000, 1040, 2000.  The middle (Neutral) value should be about 40 more than the Minimum.  If not, change the Neutral and press the Save button.

On the Output page, all the Motor channels (but not the Yaw channel) should be something like 1000, 1060, 1900.  If the Neutral is too far from Minimum, and if the Mode  (top of the page) for the motor channel banks is PWM or PWMSync, set the motors to this for a test.

When you try to actually get it into the air, does it always instantly flip over, or does it come up and hover, but at an angle so that it moves off fast?  A quick blip up and down of throttle will either make it flip over or jump up a few cm and fall back down.

Please post your settings file (File -> ExportUAVSettings...)

I've uploaded the .uav file as you have asked and other pics of my drone settings
in the 1.jpg image this is the default value that i'm getting
in 2.jpg when I changed the neutral and min value, the value is still more than neutral
in output.jpg this image is of my output tab.

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2018, 07:03:47 pm »
Have you tried all the things that have been suggested in previous posts?  What were the results?  We can't magically make it work without feedback.  :(

Rookey

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2018, 04:33:43 am »
Have you tried all the things that have been suggested in previous posts?  What were the results?  We can't magically make it work without feedback.  :(

Sorry for not replying to your other questions,

As I showed you in previous reply in input page i tried calibrating the ESC, but nothing happened and the problem I was facing I showed you there.

Then I tried in the output page that you asked for and the ESC calibration method that you asked to do in the 1st reply.

Answer to this question :- When you try to actually get it into the air, does it always instantly flip over, or does it come up and hover, but at an angle so that it moves off fast?  A quick blip up and down of throttle will either make it flip over or jump up a few cm and fall back down.

>> The flipping over in the drone maybe the cause how I installed the FC on my drone. I'll try this today and let you know if it hovers or not. But the problem that I'm facing is still in air that the throttle range starts from 1230 and not 1050, as '1050' is my min throttle and neutral in output page as shown in the previous image and in '1230' the motor's RPM is too much in little increase of the throttle stick in my radio controller.